Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment Method / Fee - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What payment method do you prefer?
Monthly Fee (10$-15$) 22 21.57%
Free 45 44.12%
Item Mall 22 21.57%
I prefer other method as exlpained below 13 12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 AM

Gammelvarg has a default reputation

Making it so you buy quest packs and dlc as the FAQ stated is fine IMHO, as long as it dont go overboard with having to buy resources (or similar) in order to get anywhere.

EDIT: Sorry it was not in the FAQ, it was in this thread I found that info:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...crotransaction

Last edited by Gammelvarg : 04-26-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

TheHoboGod is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBesieger View Post

Monthly Fee : is the best
Not exactly. For instance, I personally prefer free games because you don't have to pay (for the most part) over pay to play games like WoW. And LOTRO actually seems better than WoW in terms of darn near everything in my eyes. Another good free game is World of Tanks. That is a very good game with no price tag, as everything is free.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Sepelio

If theres to be any payment method then make sure its not micropayment for items/buffs of any kind. That will break the game as it has done with others which I tested and wont name here. Stick with nice straight forward monthly payments.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Eagles

I'd like to see just a one time payment vs a monthly one.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
kraemerkw

I enjoy FREE but is anything reallly FREE?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 AM
XeroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
There's an initial price for buying the game only. After that, you don't have to pay anything else. There are the options to be pay for mini-transactions to buy certain resources which otherwise accrue slowly, or buy smaller extension packs.
I'm glad to hear that it's not a monthly fee. I'm more than happy to buy a game, but it feels like I don't really own it when I have to go on paying to play it.

As for buying resources with real money, I'm not a fan. I've played a few online browser games (Tribal Wars, Kingdoms, Evony, War2Glory) and after a lot of hard work and time invested it is a big dissapointment that some idiot who came in later is almost on par with you, or ahead of you because they paid to be. Given that a fair number of these people (certainly not all) are obnoxious and pay to have bragging rights, it really turns me off a game quickly.

Buying expansion packs is a good idea, so long as they don't unbalance the game. I'm thinking of what Wizards of the Coast did with Magic: The Gathering. When it first came out it was fairly balanced and the first couple of expansions weren't crazy (ie: Arabian Nights) but then they realized that if you make expansions more powerful, players will be forced to buy them in order to remain competitive.

For me I guess it boils down to fairness. If I invest a lot of time and thought into a MMO game, I want it to pay off, without having my game ruined by someone who spent money to do it. Pay for the game, pay for added depth, but no ability to pay for advantages over other players.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM
XeroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoboGod View Post
Another good free game is World of Tanks. That is a very good game with no price tag, as everything is free.
WoT is a good game, and they came up with an innovative way of encouraging people to pay, but not in a way that makes players far superior. Mind you, it is a FPS vs a strategy game. For those who aren't familiar with it, you pay money for in game gold. The gold can be used to:

- Buy extra spots in your garage so you can have more tanks to choose from (but you only use 1 tank per battle, so not unbalancing)
- Buy extra bunks in your barracks so you can retain crew that are not assigned to one of your tanks (useless, and hardly unbalancing)
- Buy premium tanks - this was unbalancing at first, but quickly became a non-factor as you worked up the tank tech trees. You can earn better tanks than what you can buy, but it takes time to get there.
- Buy certain items - There are many items to choose from that can be earned, and the gold bought items were nothing special
-Buy a premium account where you get 50% more XP and credits from each battle. This can really boost a player up the trees fast. But with the ranking system, those players are facing other players like themselves. Non-paying players will get there eventually.

I don't know what of that can be applied to this style of game... a persistent world is the real kicker. An FPS is match based, and it's easy to balance the game (relatively speaking) based off the level of progression. In a world where players can wander the map freely, there is no real matchmaking. I have to dig deeper into the forums, but I hope there is some kind of game mechanic to address the situation of when a strong player wants to squash a newer player that is just getting out of whatever rookie protection there is...
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Templar

To be honest, I believe all "cash-shop" games are awful. There economies and such are always ruined by the cash-shop. LOTRO did a good job in making the stuff in the Cash-shop not economy-targeted. Such as keeping the stuff you buy "account bound."

But to be even more honest. FREE is the best way to go with any game. Either do a one time buy and its over, or a FREE EVERYTHING game. No one wants to give out there information all the time or have to worry about subscriptions.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Dreath

I would rather not have to pay anything but I would be willing to pay for a subscription if the game is good. However, an item shop is an area I would completely avoid.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Flebratus

yet, at the moment, i didnt play the game but,

i think the best way is to pay :

- first for the game
- content and addons
- off time leveling,
a little bit like AOC; that means like i heard, you have a hero,
whos leveling with quests and if you dont play (lets say a week) you can buy xp points
to get a next level !
if it is not correct, please answer me ...

cash for ingame gold or items is such a thing, what can the game make different but most
of the time unbalanced. if you create special quests with drop items like diablo why not.