Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment Method / Fee - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What payment method do you prefer?
Monthly Fee (10$-15$) 22 21.57%
Free 45 44.12%
Item Mall 22 21.57%
I prefer other method as exlpained below 13 12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoOpin View Post
Plus they can not live off boxed copys alone server fees cost money. Managing them servers cost money they do need a regular income to cover fees to keep MMO mode going and more content added.
+ those microtransactions

Beside i heard of few MMORP games that went from monthly fee to microtransaction and get more money as before + more ppl playing it.
And we dont know what kind packs we will have so we cant judge on info we have now. But if done right/rightish is microtransaction better than month fee =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 03-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarTstaRx View Post
I think it is a shame that the game will have micro transactions to buy things that normal players will have to play harder to earn, it kinda breaks the competivity of the game (I earned this object by working on it and that other guy just bought it) and the community (Those who play without buying things tend to think that the players who bought are second class players)
Don't be so melodramatic Micro-transactions won't 'break' the competitive aspect to the community - the bonuses won't be that superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarTstaRx View Post
About the extension packs, well if my friend with I play does not bought the pack I cant play with him while he is in the new content zone.
For normal expansion packs, I should think so - expansion packs which add a new campaign, new race etc. Radical changes - expansion pack.
However I think the mechanism is different to normal. The game will automatically update whenever you sign in with new patches and content, so when extra content is added your game will automatically download all the necessary files for these new units, buildings, spells, customisations etc. That way you are all playing the same, synchronised version.
More importantly, as far as I know no purchasable item is unique to these transactions. What you buy in micro-transactions is the resource INFLUENCE only. You can't buy any other resource (so no quick-fixes). Influence accrues slowly, through quests, play-time, victories and completing specific objects. Influence allows you to unlock new technologies, units and spells. With micro-transactions, you can buy set amounts of Influence instantaneously. So there's no content-rift in the community, as the options are all available.
If you want to spend money and save time, you can, but if you want to save money and spend time instead, you can. The opportunity's open for everyone. It provides Reverie with a bit more revenue, more scope for adding in new content rather than just waiting for large expansion packs.
Don't forget that unlocking content more quickly than others through micro-transactions won't make you a better player. None of it will be superior to normal units - they're complementary.

NB I'm paraphrasing and remembering what I've read in previous threads (use the Search function, the threads may or may not be easy to find). Or check the FAQ, it might be in there. Reverie should clarify.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Yeah some stuff are here, if anyone want read it from reverie (mostly as said Puppeteer):
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...crotransaction

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 03-30-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 PM

Creed has a default reputation

It would be nice if the game was free, but since that's not possible, do a cash shop, with items that increase a production or actions for a certain amount of time. This way you wont have a pay 2 win, and have products worthy for purchase. Simple Products to simply reach end game faster than no payers. But not giving payers anything over powered.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:50 PM

data2.0 has a default reputation

A low monthly fee if any is good coupled with an items mall but no items that would give anyone an obvious advantage mainly aesthetic items. A free game would be nice though with just an initial fee
Old 04-20-2011, 05:26 AM

WarriorKing has a default reputation

Ill go in the shop and have the box in my language.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Briggsby has a default reputation

I think that microtransactions would be the best way (certainly more preferable to me; I hate monthly fees and it would probably put me off playing, I just don't feel I get enough out of any game that makes it worth the price of dozens of other games over the space of a few years). I like the coin idea where you get the 'currency' by doing things in the game but you can also pay to get extra 'coins.' I think it's a good idea so that the company can get some more money without alienating too many possible players or reducing game quality; especiallly since it seems the majority of people on the forum would prefer microtransactions.
And obviously the microtransactions could not 'improve gameplay' but they could always change it; maybe and option to buy the dragon faction or alternative buildings. They would barely 'improve' a player but certainly give them more options for how they want to play
Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM

gerdon has a default reputation

I don;t think microtransactions wreck the game. It just mean the people that don;t have to work on fostering releationships and form groups etc. I don't think it gives huge game balancing issues as long as you can;t buy super weapons etc. and most microtransction game these days don;t do that cause they don;t want to balance to go crazy
Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Deathbed has a default reputation

i personally would mind seeing Item mall unless they could promise us that they would continue to bring new items skills and content every month.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 AM

Ciprian has a default reputation

a am for a monthly fee with trial free period so players can try game for freeand then pay for it each month