Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment Method / Fee - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What payment method do you prefer?
Monthly Fee (10$-15$) 22 21.57%
Free 45 44.12%
Item Mall 22 21.57%
I prefer other method as exlpained below 13 12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM

HarTstaRx has a default reputation
Default Payment Method / Fee

I think this question is not yet answered and I think it is a good one.

What kind of payment method do you prefer?

I am more likely to pay a subscription for the game. I prefer quality over money and my humble experience says that a subscription game has more quality and has more development capacity than other payment methods.

After a hour of reading a post about micro transactions this guy changed my mind and now I think that it can be possible, but only in major games, with a huge community.

What do you think about the question?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

There's an initial price for buying the game only. After that, you don't have to pay anything else. There are the options to be pay for mini-transactions to buy certain resources which otherwise accrue slowly, or buy smaller extension packs.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 PM

HarTstaRx has a default reputation

I think it is a shame that the game will have micro transactions to buy things that normal players will have to play harder to earn, it kinda breaks the competivity of the game (I earned this object by working on it and that other guy just bought it) and the community (Those who play without buying things tend to think that the players who bought are second class players)

About the extension packs, well if my friend with I play does not bought the pack I cant play with him while he is in the new content zone. I think it splits the community and depending on what the extension packs brings it may even break the competitivity.

I hope this change in the future, but seeing the stage of development I found it very improbable.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WoOpin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
There's an initial price for buying the game only. After that, you don't have to pay anything else. There are the options to be pay for mini-transactions to buy certain resources which otherwise accrue slowly, or buy smaller extension packs.
I'm all for expansion packs but not resources with mini transactions. Will not stop me playing but it is something that puts many people off because then the whole game becomes buy to win when you go down that road.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

TheBesieger has a default reputation

A free game : to many ppl that will make fake acc to boost their main acc.
Item Mall : This is mony rip off.This is where Stronghold kingdoms will fail.

Monthly Fee : is the best
But ofc you need hold your players busy and make/add new stuff to the game.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Swanea has a default reputation

While I do think a monthly fee is the best, it's harder for a game that isn't huge to do this.

What I would expect is more of a premium sort of thing, but also f2p.

You pay a monthly rate and get bonus "things", be it the coin for the item shop, bonuses in game, and all the like.
Or you can play free, miss out on a few not so essential things, but pay to buy coins for the shop. That's what I expect.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Also if you want to go down the mini transactions route I think best idea is keep stuff that give an advantage out.

Instead go for things like Expansion Packs ( Extra Content ), Premium Subscription that adds a small bonus to XP's levels ( Like 10% ), or even Premium subs or micro transactions to unlock a 4th race like dwarfs or undread dragons etc.

Please don't do it so people can buy tons of recources. That way you are forcing hardcore players to pay a crapload to stay on top and it does put people off. Also when that hardcore player starts targeting others who do not buy tons of cash items and they are doing constant attacks you then loose a potential customer.

Just my 2 cents anyhow

Edit: If you look on MMO Community websites that cover games people always ask if a game is Buy2Win when a cash shop is in a game so it does matter if you do that. Yeah you may get a handfull who spend stupid amounts on the items to win but then you loose a bunch of casual players who would buy a few items now and again.

Last edited by WoOpin : 03-29-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 AM

Ironcrown has a default reputation

Yeah i agree with WoOpin. I think its unfair that people that can buy resources and other things will be much strongger and always at top. Personally for me i prefer to pay more at start up buyig the game or ew patch contents like new races than pay a monthly fee.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
Yeah i agree with WoOpin. I think its unfair that people that can buy resources and other things will be much strongger and always at top. Personally for me i prefer to pay more at start up buyig the game or ew patch contents like new races than pay a monthly fee.
So would you say it would be not fair that person in World of Warcraft buy expansion and his friend not, so they cant play together and would make first person much much stronger?
As i know the resources problem is fixed by having more stacks of armies. So if one stack is killed in castle attack, you still have other stacks to play with and time to restore destroyed one.
And if person dont have 100% time like WoW players who can play all days than:
- monthly fee would be waist of money
- if he dont have time to develop slowly or because of playing rarely and would like to experience the game, than he could buy some booster packs.
-in expansions beside monthly fee you get, in other MMORPG, to buy it as whole. If you would not like to play Goblins/Horde/Horde quests (WoW) than too bad, you still have to buy it as whole. In way DoF go there you could choose what things you want to buy.

For me the best thing would be for free =), but since they also need money than for my opinion this is much better than monthly fee. If you would like monthly fee than just buy with that money those packs and everyone would be happy, dont know where is problem.
Beside, thinking like you would buy pack and would make you for 1 day undestroyable is silly.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 03-30-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
So would you say it would be not fair that person in World of Warcraft buy expansion and his friend not, so they cant play together and would make first person much much stronger?
As i know the resources problem is fixed by having more stacks of armies. So if one stack is killed in castle attack, you still have other stacks to play with and time to restore destroyed one.
And if person dont have 100% time like WoW players who can play all days than:
- monthly fee would be waist of money
- if he dont have time to develop slowly or because of playing rarely and would like to experience the game, than he could buy some booster packs.
-in expansions beside monthly fee you get, in other MMORPG, to buy it as whole. If you would not like to play Goblins/Horde/Horde quests (WoW) than too bad, you still have to buy it as whole. In way DoF go there you could choose what things you want to buy.

For me the best thing would be for free =), but since they also need money than for my opinion this is much better than monthly fee. If you would like monthly fee than just buy with that money those packs and everyone would be happy, dont know where is problem.
Beside, thinking like you would buy pack and would make you for 1 day undestroyable is silly.
I'm not talking booster packs or content that would stop people progressing or playing together I am saying those who want to support mmo mode be able to unlock races. Keep the races balanced hell make it so it is possible to get them packs later on for free. Like say they release a new race you add that race people can pay a mini fee to unlock it. People who do not want to pay can grind wealth to unlock it. Just an idea it is better than people buying recources you will have people dumping $100's in a month just to be on top that is something I would not like to see.

And as for monthly fee for 10% bonus however it does give you an advantage it would not be a huge one. Also this money would goto the developers for them to add more content so a small optional monthly fee is not a bad idea if you would like to see more content added.

Plus they can not live off boxed copys alone server fees cost money. Managing them servers cost money they do need a regular income to cover fees to keep MMO mode going and more content added.

Last edited by WoOpin : 03-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.