Intelligent workers? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Ovocean has a default reputation
Default Intelligent workers?

I like the Settlers IV: setting down the buildings, allocating a number of workers of each type, then observing everything coming to life - relatively - cleverly. It gives me the feeling that I'm not alone, trying to babysit a crowd of empty polygons.

So, in Dawn of Fantasy, what will be automatic, and what will not ? I’ve read that villagers will try to repair damaged structures by themselves, they so have at least a few cells in their brain; how about other basic tasks? will we get inoccupied peons when they come out of their "training" building or when they are done with a portion of forest or with the animals they where hunting?

'Cause... do you know anybody who likes when he or she has 20 workers waiting for orders because they can't find any more trees within 10 meters around them, or because their gold mine is out of ore?

My last RTS reference is Age of Empire II, so the genre may have evolved already and I don't know it.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

lord_farquad has a default reputation

I agree. I would prefer (for example) being able to place my buildings and then watch my workers scury about to fulfill my wishes. Micromanaging workers is usually much to difficult and time consuming in large games like these. It's more fitting for small scale games (i.e. Starcraft)
Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

True.

Ahm, here is what DoF's website declares :
« For defense oriented players who enjoy micro-managing, their entire economy can be redesigned in just a few clicks. [...]
Players who wish to focus more on the battlefield, however, have options available as well and can take advantage of the automated economy. A complex economy is created without the need for many player choices, allowing the player to focus more on the battle at hand. »

This sound very interesting to me, but needs a clearer description for I picture it. Can we get more details on this please?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Maybe it's another marketting strategy... ah the conspiracies with the ambiguous
Old 04-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Belgarion123 has a default reputation

I hope that they do implant auto workers in some way... I find it too be bothersome always having to give orders to a lot of workers and manage an army at the same time.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

The workers in DoF will have alot of simplicity as far as micro-managing and will do alot by themselves. I think I also read that they would defend your castle if intruders break in.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Belgarion123 has a default reputation

That is true. I saw it not long ago... But one still wonders... Until we have a defenit answer I will wait and see...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Just quoting Reverie lvl designer Joseph from the Suggestions forum, the information fits this thread as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
There’s already is AI built into the workers of dof for gathering resources, so there won’t be to much micromanagement, for your workers; it should be farley easy, it’s not going to be like tasking your workers on every single tree, they will go to the next nearest tree on their own. Lol.
But it will still be upto you on how many do what, I do not believe we will have AI that will automaticly move lets say 10 workers logging wood to go mine some gold if your running out of gold.

Last edited by Ovocean : 04-17-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

I hope the peasents don't just magicly disapear when their houses or farm house gets destroyed, i've seen that in a few games.

They should run towards your stronghold keep in that case i'd imagine?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

I wonder a few things... But I forget what I wonder...

I just hope that you can make your people act like slaved (muahahahaha!!!)... What did you expect? I'm not the son of God...