Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Mercenaries, Massive Invasions & More.. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Concerning dueling heroes...

First of all, heroes to some extent are generic. There is no personal control over them. Thus, I f I see that his hero has more hitpoints/attack than mine - what is the use of dueling? It would only mean defeat for me, victory for him, and a cool show for those watching.

Unless it could be personalized [a mini-combat rpg system] I think it is an impractical concept.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 PM

Azrael has a default reputation

Love your idea, sounds good to me.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Lord Shadow has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Concerning dueling heroes...

First of all, heroes to some extent are generic. There is no personal control over them. Thus, I f I see that his hero has more hitpoints/attack than mine - what is the use of dueling? It would only mean defeat for me, victory for him, and a cool show for those watching.

Unless it could be personalized [a mini-combat rpg system] I think it is an impractical concept.
I think of it in the ways you can control your character in Ultima Online.. You have a the ability to do special attacks customize strenght(hp)/intellgence(mana)/stamina(dexerity).. thow in some special moves/spells ect and creat chances for missing n such well could become very intresting I think plus ya always gotta throw in a bit of random dumb luck
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM

nagel has a default reputation

interesting
Old 04-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Deathbed has a default reputation

I love the idea of the duel hero's . i also think that hero's stats should give you armies boost in stats.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Ravensshadow has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Shadow View Post
Ok so I understand there will be mercenaries in DoF, but what I would like to know is how do you recruit them. Are they at the local tavern, do you do so from your castle.. Personally I think it would be awesome to treat them like Knights of Honor (KoH) did and have them on the map.. You moved a general to them and were able to recruit from there.. They would randomly appear so you never knew where they'd be or what would be there unless you went looking for them. (You could even have npc mercenary armies randomly roaming around attacking & looting wherever they go.. Would give players another threat they had to be prepared for as they could appear at any time, but at the same time you could recieve a bonuses for accepting quests to go out and destroy them)

Also (& this ties into the above idea..) what about invasions.. were talking ones so large no single person or two could stop.. You would need a joint effort my a group of players or even guilds to defeat.. If it fails areas of the map could fall under control / have to pay a tribute to the invaders for a short while as a penalty.. If they win they recieve a nice reward

Lastly.. what about creating dueling option for battles.. where at any time during a battle the two sides can agree to a cease fire and can send forth a hero/their hero to have a duel.. The outcome of the duel deciding the rest of the battle.. This would be a way of saving a long drawn out battle or a way of ending one that has already taken awhile or has reached a stalemate.
Personally I thing you should have to go into hostile and dangerous land to "recruit" them.