Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Empire Builder" multiplayer skirmish - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 AM

radeonmaster has a default reputation
Default "Empire Builder" multiplayer skirmish

I propose adding an option for longer multiplayer matches that include resource gathering and city building. While I will undoubtedly enjoy the game, I will miss the opportunity to play a drawn-out match with a friend.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 PM

lastchancer has fair reputation

You mean start up from scratch each battle from nothing so you are forced to build what you need? Or increasing map size so you can expand better before actual fighting?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

Yes i think he means a mode for conventional rts matches
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 AM

DioMorte has a default reputation
Default Match!

Nice proposal, but we try not to miss these grueling match with friends!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 PM

Maelkor has a default reputation

I was thinking of something along these lines but a bit more in depth. Something between the persistant world and the single player mode. I would like to see a mode with a defined finite amount of territory with a set of people all starting at the same time or within a window and fighting it out to be the final winner on a scale to last say a month. I know this wont be something that can be done at release but perhaps something down the road.

For something like this features that might be added would be capitulation which would give your territory over to someone who is beating you and "resign and replace" the ability to give your kingdom to another player who is not allready in the match if something comes up in RL and you cant finish a long term pvp campaign.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

How in the world would you get everyone online to play each other?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM

Vigilus has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelkor View Post
I was thinking of something along these lines but a bit more in depth. Something between the persistant world and the single player mode. I would like to see a mode with a defined finite amount of territory with a set of people all starting at the same time or within a window and fighting it out to be the final winner on a scale to last say a month. I know this wont be something that can be done at release but perhaps something down the road.

For something like this features that might be added would be capitulation which would give your territory over to someone who is beating you and "resign and replace" the ability to give your kingdom to another player who is not allready in the match if something comes up in RL and you cant finish a long term pvp campaign.
We are discussing this heavily in the beta forums. Adding a large scale "player persistent" map is incredibly important to increasing the desirability of this game. If you want me to PM you the conversation, please PM me. thanks!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM

Tsabo has a default reputation

Well, if I understand correctly there will be no conventional mode for 1v1 matches that involve macro and micro management and a conventional ladder for matchmaking. That's dissapointing for me.

But I do like the idea of games that last a month. Even more so if these games start on a pre-defined date, say first day of every month. This will allow for theese games to be ranked, and a ladder system will allow to automaticly sort playes with equal skill levels into the next months game. I do understand that its only easy on paper, but if something like this does happen, it might get me to foget about my masters SC2 account =)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM

OmninmO has a default reputation

i agre with the ideia
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM

Dr. Nick has a default reputation

This idea would be nice but with short building times!