Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Buildings - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Tbeaz161 has a default reputation

Building walls everywhere doesn't sound like a good strategy if they do that it sounds like it wouldn't be that hard to own there ass. Of course that would be that fun
Old 04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
I will not say anything about about dragons in this post...
Nooooooooo!!! Why is it that everywhere I go, I can't find anything about the dragon sect... I just want to know what they look like...
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

A tiny bit down this forum page you can see the dragon concepts

http://www.rtscommunity.com/forums/i...72259#msg72259

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Their units look fierce.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

@ few and tbeaz

Well yeah thats what i mean, leave it offline and for skimish for those that ***** like me haha. And yeah, show us more of these formations that are prebiult.

I mean if there's like 10 or 15 different ones then that would be pretty good, but if theres like 3 then...i dunno :P

Again with the dragons, there not done yet/enough to be properly showcased yet
Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I have 4 things:
1a). I agree that during game there should be preset walls. To me it makes sense, but there should be a variety of designs you could choose from. This way you have many designs adapted to each style of gameplay. You could choose from designs that cut off choke points, or, if you want to go offensive most of the time a small 1 layer might suffice. Be stupid to, but you know. Of course, the designs would have to be specific for each map but of course in patches you might add more
b). In bfme2 they intended that you could build walkable walls, but it looked silly as they were too big so when you built them they dwarfed the base itself and were too large for the interface. Lies I know hehehe but it makes sense. Also, for realism, building walls that big would take time. A heck of a lot of time. In AOE3 the walls just plain sucked though. And to build walls across a map would require a heck of a lot of stone, correct me if I'm wrong. Only a noob opponent would allow that to happen.
c). Maybe add a tool whereby the players can design their own walls and defences. Perhaps a blueprint, or like in a map editor you build it from a selection of wall objects. Then you group them and save the template, thus when you go online/offline you can choose that preset instead. Depending on how many pieces you use and what pieces you use the cost would vary. That would solve many problems.
d). The idea of Bone Walls? Too cliché and I don't think would look to good. Would be in stark contrast to the environment, these mottled unstable garishly white walls, and wouldn't look too good. Enchanted dark stone, with veins of dark blood would be nice, or something like that.

(my longest essay here to date, and it's not even that long! )

Last edited by Puppeteer : 04-17-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I have 4 things:
1a). I agree that during game there should be preset walls. To me it makes sense, but there should be a variety of designs you could choose from. This way you have many designs adapted to each style of gameplay. You could choose from designs that cut off choke points, or, if you want to go offensive most of the time a small 1 layer might suffice. Be stupid to, but you know. Of course, the designs would have to be specific for each map but of course in patches you might add more
b). In bfme2 they intended that you could build walkable walls, but it looked silly as they were too big so when you built them they dwarfed the base itself and were too large for the interface. Lies I know hehehe but it makes sense. Also, for realism, building walls that big would take time. A heck of a lot of time. In AOE3 the walls just plain sucked though. And to build walls across a map would require a heck of a lot of stone, correct me if I'm wrong. Only a noob opponent would allow that to happen.
c). Maybe add a tool whereby the players can design their own walls and defences. Perhaps a blueprint, or like in a map editor you build it from a selection of wall objects. Then you group them and save the template, thus when you go online/offline you can choose that preset instead. Depending on how many pieces you use and what pieces you use the cost would vary. That would solve many problems.
d). The idea of Bone Walls? Too cliché and I don't think would look to good. Would be in stark contrast to the environment, these mottled unstable garishly white walls, and wouldn't look too good. Enchanted dark stone, with veins of dark blood would be nice, or something like that.

(my longest essay here to date, and it's not even that long! )
What you said about creating your own walls almost reminds me of in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 how there was a program to create your own ride then implement your design into the game. Therefore, the bigger the wall, the more expensive it could be.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

bit disapointed in not being alowed crazy with walls but better to have a nice looking city with good looking defences rather thanone that looks like a toddler made meh will give me more time getting a bigger army more resources and eating human/orc/elfs and not worring about 'ohhh is there a gap in my lovly wall'

As for bone walls, that would be a bit umm how shall we say it cornie. Id rather have a stone one anyway because im sure bone will disintegrate therefor being useless unless u replace them bones everyday and look after ur wall, but thats less time for destroying noobs
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Yeah too corny definitely, Revier are too clever and innovative to use that...
Old 04-18-2008, 03:09 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
Bone walls would definetly not work. They would take way to long to build, would be incredibly hard to repair (unless you have big piles of bones in your base) and bone isn't really that strongs, so you would have to spend half your life fixing them.