Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

upgraded units - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 AM

snpiccolo has a default reputation
Default upgraded units

kinda like in command in conquer, some units that which have had some battle experience and survived should be awarded levels lets say one through 5, nothing dramatic, and the rewards or bonuses should be subtle.
this idea was something i really enjoyed in other games.
war veterans FTW!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

You'll be happy to know that battalions/units gain experience in battle and level up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz in Frequently Asked Questions View Post
Q: Can units level up?
A: Yes, units gain experience points for fighting battles. Once they accumulate a certain amount of points, they will level up. Leveling up automatically increases select unit attributes and rewards the player with Skill Points they can use to further develop a stat of their choice for that unit or battalion.
A level 10 Ogre is a killing machine
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

is there anything about how high these levels go
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Framer has a default reputation

will the units look diffrent when they level up.? for exampel a level 1 battalion and a level 10 battalion dont look the same, the level 10 battalion have for exampel heavyer armor or diffrent looking shields then a level 1 battalion.?

I personaly think it wold be a bit of a shame if they look the same if they are level 10 and still look like level 1 battalions
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer View Post
will the units look diffrent when they level up.? for exampel a level 1 battalion and a level 10 battalion dont look the same, the level 10 battalion have for exampel heavyer armor or diffrent looking shields then a level 1 battalion.?

I personaly think it wold be a bit of a shame if they look the same if they are level 10 and still look like level 1 battalions
Im sure you'll be able to tell with a simpler method such as a star next to the unit in the portrait or even just a number so you know what level they are
Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos90 View Post
Im sure you'll be able to tell with a simpler method such as a star next to the unit in the portrait or even just a number so you know what level they are
that wold be a bit of let down in my book ... sure wold be handy to quickly see what unit is of a higher level and so on but for the game feel I personaly thing it wold be awsome if higher ranked battalions get better looking armor/weapons
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 AM

Sokkur has a default reputation

Quote:

Support, that would strengthen the atmosphere in the game.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:42 PM

I mean all war veterans have always had there own look or there own customed equipment that fits for there needs , either they have made the modifications on there own or the army they are a part of have given them certan modifications are they have displayed there skill in combat so I see this like a natural thing
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

AlphaReaper has a default reputation

Quote:
that wold be a bit of let down in my book ... sure wold be handy to quickly see what unit is of a higher level and so on but for the game feel I personaly thing it wold be awsome if higher ranked battalions get better looking armor/weapons
I would hope to see both. In the middle of a battle I don't want to have to zoom in to see a different colored setup. I would hope there is a scroll over feature that would have some sort of ranking feature!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM

Lord Marcus has a default reputation

thats really smart because if any one here has been to war they gain exp as they go and get better in the art of war