Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Peace treaties - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Lanolin has a default reputation
Default Peace treaties

What would really be cool is that after you have engaged in war with other players, there should be an option were you and the other empire sign peace treaties . In the event that the treaties are broken, other empires that are allied with the nation being attacked have the right to intervene. And other consequences can be put on the empire that broke the treaty. Like a slight decline in economy, or like units they control defecting to the opposed empire. I feel something like that would make the experience more immersive. That's just my opinion though.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Blackmore22 has a default reputation

This seems REALLY cool, like a 10% decrease in finnacial and economic growth for that duration of that war, but if you capture the enemies empire. you gain back those resoruces.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

Or if during a battle you could sign a treaty so both sides don't lose any more resources/troops.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

This wouldn't seem to have a point to me (as you could make such treaties out of game anyway); unless: you could stipulate conditions for signing the peace trip. For instance, if you make war with someone and they propose to trade you X resources, etc., in exchange for peace.

But I don't really think there should be a system in the game for punishing people who break treaties. I believe that other players could attack them regardless of a treaty system, etc. But a 'treaty' to cease hostilities for x amount of time in exchange for resources would be cool - if unenforcible. (I.E. I wouldn't want the game to force them to actually adhere to it.)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM

snpiccolo has a default reputation

diplomacy is always a fun factor, i would like to see treaties and more ways to connect with other players in a friendly matter,
Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Framer has a default reputation

problem is no one wold sign a treatie if it wold mean they wold lose out in the end if they attack ,

I personaly wold have a "make or break" mindset for war in that case
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

The issue would be making treaties that did not truly restrict players, (because irl, people can break treaties), yet still had a point. I'm not sure that there is a way to do that.. I haven't been able to think of one.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Lanolin has a default reputation

Well, there has to be some sort of consequence after breaking a treaty, otherwise the treaty itself would just be novelty. Something needs to happen. And i would assume the only reason someone would break a treaty is because the other empire might have an ample amount of resources, so the attacker would be enticed to break this treaty. The slight reduction in economy is fine if you ask me. And the chance of some of your units defecting depending on the outcome of it all, would add some tension . In the event that you do win, the opposing team will gain all the resources from the city, and at the same time gain notoriety and be feared by the rest.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

The problem is.. how does a reduction in resources make sense? You break the treaty and lose money/food.. It doesn't quite follow.

A treaty is a social/legal agreement and as such, there should be social/legal consequences to breaking it. How about, if you break such a treaty - then you lose combat protection (in whatever form it exists in-game) for 12 hours. (time logged in, not real-world time.)

Basically, you break the other treaty so everyone is ticked at you and can attack you without any limitation to the number of times. Thus - you wouldn't want to break a treaty unless you were in a very strong position and very confident of your ability to withstand your enemy and his friends. Additionally, I think that any peace treaty would have to have a time-limit. For instance, treaties could be make which last 1 week, 2 weeks, or 1 month in real time.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 AM

TheTower has a default reputation

Those that break treaties should be punished soundly. To avoid "no-one will sign treaties because they plan to break them, eventually" treaties can be made to have a strict duration (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc) rather than being "eternal".