Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Microtransaction Ideas - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
Please stop trying to turn this into a debate about microtransactions, not only is it off-topic I started the topic by asking you NOT to.. AND, I believe there is already a topic for that.
Listen to the OP folks. If he asked you not to start a debate here, then please avoid one. This is a discussion thread for ideas and suggestions, so keep it at that please.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Thank you LiTos, I just don't want this turning into an argument over whether or not to have microtrans. I just noticed I put this in the wrong section of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraheim6554mac View Post
That's actually a really cool idea, and another idea for the microtransactions is the ability to decorate your city the way you want it to be, like painting it, putting banners on it, engraving your army's/city's name on the walls and so on.
That could be cool, paid city upgrades to add certain spiffier 'decorative' aspects to your stronghold. Perhaps some sort of art or crest effects on the walls, some cooler-looking gates or towers.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:46 AM

TheTower has a default reputation

Some people tend to overreact upon hearing the "microtransactions" word. So, even if it will be all decorative, one should very carefully explain it all, in big red letters.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 AM

Squiglypig has a default reputation

I'm one of those who'd rather have the microtransactions only have a cosmetic effect.

Or at least only have an effect as in increased resource gathering for a while. Any direct advantage on the battlefield (like a spell or some new type of unit) wouldn't be very well accepted by me.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
I just noticed I put this in the wrong section of the forum
Good call, moved.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Thanks again!

Another idea - to change attack animations. For instance, changing the color of archers 'fire shot' (for those that have such abilities) so that it looks like some sort of magical flame. (green fire, sparkling, etc.)

Anyone else have any specific, real ideas?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraheim6554mac View Post
That's actually a really cool idea, and another idea for the microtransactions is the ability to decorate your city the way you want it to be, like painting it, putting banners on it, engraving your army's/city's name on the walls and so on.
I love this idea. The trouble is, if you want to include the ability to design your own emblems/flags, no matter how much I would like that, think how that might get abused! Tricky situation (I believe there is a thread(s) on it quite a way back, but oh well).
Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Yeah, that's an issue just like with normal banners. However, they could still offer some special 'preset' customizations. Special types of banners and symbols that could be added to the stronghold for a small cost.

Another idea: more music! Surely the game will have a preset selection of music.. but this music might get a bit dull after a while. How about a purchase that activates a new selection of background music in addition to the original set that comes with the game?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 PM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

Well, I don't like microtransactions and especially pay to win models just destroys the entire game (I thought better of stronghold kingdoms). Microtransactions for purely cosmetic stuff is accepted, however what I think could work.
Non payers are on a sort of "unlimited" trial account. Some features are removed (quite small in the beginning), and they could have a reduced resource production (no less than 80% I think). The other is premium account, where you get full benefits from the game. So one fair monthly price, and if there's several world, it should apply to several worlds, not be locked to one (maybe a small increase in costs for higher number of worlds you can join). It's important the price is fair, and this gives you the full content of the game. Everyone who pays this is on an even playing field. Those who aren't, are a bit reduced but it's still fully playable. Maybe later ther will be some features that are reserved for payers, like special leadership roles and similar.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

I think that would give paying members far too great of an advantage.

They could perhaps do a dual-charge system. Free members get the game and nothing else. They can pay microtransactions for small things,etc. Subscribers get the game as well as all additional content (that others would have to pay microtransactions for). This would predominantly be cosmetic items/effects.

Another idea: Subscribers might get 'early release' info about game expansions and or beta testing priviledges for expansions and patches on a test server or some such.