Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Age of Conan Influence? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 PM

Feweh has fair reputation
Default Age of Conan Influence?

Well,

Age of Conan has a amazing non RTS siege system.

As example you can build city's and even a fortress in this game with your clan. But thats not what i'm trying to propose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxR21WljNM

Looking at the end of that video you see about 2 walls and a keep as he mentions.

That's what i picture DoF looking like, a main wall a second wall and your keep.

Any developers here to back this up, or tell us what you think about that video and how it relates to DoF in any way.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

In DoF you'll start with a simple village and build up to a stronghold with several layers of walls and a keep inside, you can see it in the screenshots too. It's the "classical" castle set up and a well known fact about DoF although different races' strongholds will differ in types and strength of available defenses.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
In DoF you'll start with a simple village and build up to a stronghold with several layers of walls and a keep inside, you can see it in the screenshots too. It's the "classical" castle set up and a well known fact about DoF although different races' strongholds will differ in types and strength of available defenses.
Ah ok,

and how long would you say it would take to make it up to castle style.

Also, you said theres no micro-management somewhere.... maybe the video.

Does that mean the city/castle/town builds houses itself and stuff and you place the walls.

Because in the video there where houses everywhere and stuff.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feweh View Post
Also, you said theres no micro-management somewhere....maybe the video.
"I" said it?

Not having played the game I can't really say how long it will take to build up but they did mention that "teching up" will go slower in the MMO portion of the game compared to regular singleplayer and custom matches. Since the MMO part is supposed to be grander and slower paced buildings and upgrades (including castle building) will cost more and generally be slower (similar to how leveling up usually goes pretty slowly in mmorpgs).

And yeah, judging from the screenshots I'd say the "city" will build itself as your stronghold grows (kinda like in Heroes 3 when you upgrade the village hall into a town hall, city hall, capitol and additional dwellings appear all around). And as far as I've heard, also similar to Heroes, those stronghold upgrades will increase your gold income due to taxation of the increased number of people living in your "city". But placement of walls will remain under your control although there will probably be a limit to how much you can "stretch" the walls.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I think it was mentioned somewhere there is a limit to where you can build your walls and tower. Of course you wouldn't want it too far from the Inner Keep!