Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Pro v noob? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 AM

BloodOfDeath has a default reputation
Default Pro v noob?

I hope this game doesn't fail on account of new players getting killed off by the pro's. A lot of games die that way from the start...so to say any one have good ideas how this will work in the game?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:24 PM

Merku has a default reputation

This is both an issue of balance and an issue of how the PvP system will work. From what I've been able to pick up, PvP must be consensual, but if you decline a battle you have to pay the aggressor off. As far as the balance is concerned, games SHOULD be easy to play, but difficult to master. Pros should be able to run amock over a noob - but due to the depth of the game, not because of his/her ability to memorize which unit to spam or what have you.

So, all things equal, army size, etc... a pro should win only because of better familiarity and the liklihood that he/she can micromanage a little better with experience. Pros shouldn't be able to kill off the MMO aspect of the game, only the hardcore PVP section - which is always hard to address no matter what. Reverie just has to pay attention - which I'm sure they will.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

ther eis so such thing as a pro and a noob without someone winning all the time, not everything is 50/50
Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

You guys do not need to worry about the hardcore players since it has been stated in the FAQ that there will be protection for new people with hero level ranges. This means that a high level cannot invade a low level and this also means you will not be forced to pay tribute.

Protecting the new people will not be an issue. However once you do level if you neglect getting better at the game then I believe you do deserve to get roflstomped.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:42 PM

acepilot23 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
You guys do not need to worry about the hardcore players since it has been stated in the FAQ that there will be protection for new people with hero level ranges. This means that a high level cannot invade a low level and this also means you will not be forced to pay tribute.

Protecting the new people will not be an issue. However once you do level if you neglect getting better at the game then I believe you do deserve to get roflstomped.
I would agree but there are players that can get up out of noob protection only to be pwnzored later and are unable to improve their game. Maybe some sort of matchmaking tournament battle where you send off your best warriors to fight another's?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Neutral884nz has a default reputation

So is there actually any point in fighting off a siege?, why not just pay someone off everytime and avoid getting my town destroyed? Do you get anything for succeding in defending.

It wont be alot of fun if everytime i try to siege someone they just pay me because they dont want their town to be destroyed. And after a battle does your town automatically fix itself or do you have to rebuild everything? I hope it is the latter.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 AM

DorianLuthis has a default reputation

Having someone destroy your town is a great thing and it should stay destroyed or looted. What is the point of the game if it there is no rebuilding and the possibility of actually losing something doesn't exist. Totally unrealistic. I know it is DoF but some things in the world have to stay realistic...
Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Neutral884nz has a default reputation

Judging the way they make player towns uncapturable i wouldnt be surprised if they go the carebear way and just make your town auto rebuild, which could totally kill the game.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepilot23 View Post
I would agree but there are players that can get up out of noob protection only to be pwnzored later and are unable to improve their game. Maybe some sort of matchmaking tournament battle where you send off your best warriors to fight another's?
Well dude that is why there are level ranges. If your high level with just grinding and you did not learn anything then you deserve to get pwned.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

nocixel has a default reputation

This quote was from a different forum, but I'll bring my question to this thread, since it is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
I don't think a hardcore mode would really work for DOF. In an RPG with hardcore mode, you can just opt out of a PvP attack with no penalty and concentrate only on PvE. But with Dawn of Fantasy, you have to pay tribute to divert an attack, meaning that the stronger players can just hassle the newer players until they are completely broke and cannot build up an army.

What happens if I'm such a "noob" that I end up completely broke and can't pay tribute to any more "pros"? Am I forced to fight and watch my city be destroyed?