Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Changing Caslte spots? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Changing castle spots!
Sounds like a good idea 20 33.90%
Good idea but need adjustments 20 33.90%
neutral 9 15.25%
bad idea 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

First off, If you are going to have a guild that is made up of different races, then you are going to not be able to be near each other as each race has its own regions and each race cannot have their cities in other races regions. Now if you are in a guild that has the same race you are reletively in the same area and if each member choose the same region then their is no need for this suggestion.

Secondly I don't think this idea is going to work in this game because all towns are instanced, so technically you are just in the region, not in a specific location in the region. For those that don't understand that, HERE is an article that talks about it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-18-2011, 09:10 PM

swou has a default reputation

Agreed, I remember playing some browser game.. that is a little similar to real time rts, it was really frustrating when you're getting attacked at one of the map so once your guild members get there to help, they're just there to collect the bodies..
Old 02-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Sarkata has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
It needs a cost (not necessarily out of game cost). I was saying that the real money cost could be for a viable 'immediately' and free of in-game cost move. I like the idea of giving people different methods of moving, and its good for helping to pay for the game/increase the company's revenue.

So they could give them a couple options:

Options:

A. You pay with in-game resources and a time investment (say 10 minutes.) During this time you can be attacked and an attack would pause the process (but not stop it altogether, it would resume after the combat.) After you move, you will be prevented from moving again for X number of days. (say 1 week).

B. You can pay with real money for a 'Move ticket'. Cost is say: 15 dollars (to keep people from abusing it and to make it worth it for the devs). This move is instantaneous once you use the ticket and costs no in-game resources. Additionally, you can use such a transfer before your 'in-game pay' transfer cooldown is complete.

Basically, the cost and 'cooldown' would prevent the system from being abused. (Otherwise: People could move around all the time to keep their enemies from attacking them. Also, particularly annoying people could harrass people in an area and then just move.) Also, Being able to be attacked during the process would keep people from moving just to avoid an impending attack (unless they saw it coming from a long way away). Lastly, the option for an 'out of game' charge would enable the company to make some money off of those people who A. made bad moving choices or B. don't have the in-game resources to afford a move.

A location should be changeable, but it should also be stable. I wouldn't want to see people moving once a week. In order to prevent that, there needs to be a cost.
Unfortunately, the more real $ options you allow in a game, the less realistic it will seem. For some, this may not be a problem, but I like to get as much realism in mmo's as I can. To me, realistic is engaging and usually presents natural challenge, and isn't that what its all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Martin View Post
First off, If you are going to have a guild that is made up of different races, then you are going to not be able to be near each other as each race has its own regions and each race cannot have their cities in other races regions. Now if you are in a guild that has the same race you are reletively in the same area and if each member choose the same region then their is no need for this suggestion.

Secondly I don't think this idea is going to work in this game because all towns are instanced, so technically you are just in the region, not in a specific location in the region. For those that don't understand that, HERE is an article that talks about it.
To be honest, this was rather unfortunate to hear. Both the inability to mix races in a guild, and the fact that towns are instanced.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkata View Post
To be honest, this was rather unfortunate to hear. Both the inability to mix races in a guild
Oh I didn't say you couldn't have mixed race guilds, I'm just pointing out that if you do, you are not going to be able to be near each other.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Quote:

Wow, that's a little disappointing. Not being able to conquer into other areas and claim bases therein. Guess it renders this whole debate rather pointless.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 PM

Sarkata has fair reputation

Quote:
Oh I didn't say you couldn't have mixed race guilds, I'm just pointing out that if you do, you are not going to be able to be near each other.
Thank you for the clarification. Is there a reason for this? Having not had a chance to participate in the betas, it's hard to know if this is a programming hurdle, a storyline issue, a "we don't want to have to deal with the harassment that comes from this kind of gameplay" issue, etc...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM

cableslice has a default reputation
Default I know it's fantasy

I'm sorry but the idea of moving a castle makes me feel funny inside. I know the game is fantasy, but it would be impossible to move a castle.

Now, if you could abandon your castle and start a new one. This would be the huge downfall because of what you would lose. But if the idea is to move closer to your guild, hopefully you would have talked to them about this and they would help you rebuild.

I dunno, or just No moving of castles works for me.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 AM

darthplagued has a default reputation

I agree
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

It's difficult to say without knowing how the game is, but being able to choose from regions you want to be in might be a good idea.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darkheart has a default reputation

i say make the move at a reasonable cost but in order to move it will demote buildings and army and or also have a safe time when moving because with all i hear about dof i bet there will be full time players that a not so active player that moves may have to deal with
another option is as i seen here make you pay dearly if you want a full village or a not so costly move that is what i said above