Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Changing Caslte spots? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Changing castle spots!
Sounds like a good idea 20 33.90%
Good idea but need adjustments 20 33.90%
neutral 9 15.25%
bad idea 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation
Lightbulb Changing Caslte spots?

I know people in guild prefer to bunch up with eachother near an area.
For example i am on the Other side of the map from where my guild is.
that Don't really give me a nice feeling. Gives me restriction to choose a guild close by.
I think you should be able to relocate casltes to another castle spot Ofcourse with a huge limit.
Transfer would take 1 hour and after the transfer you cannot change castle spot for 1 month.
And i would say it should also cost for a fee so people will think seriously about changing castle spots like 5-10 dollars.

This is also a nice option for people who is surrounded by 1 huge guild that just don't want to recruite him and just keep attacking no matter what. So if there is no one to turn to in the neighbourhood and you are constantly being attacked for weeks then this would be a nice option as well.

Let me hear what you guys think about it?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

EdwardTheGreat has a default reputation

I completely agree.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I think it's a good idea.. but that it should require A. lots of in-game resources in order to 'build' a new settlement and destroy the old one and B. Requiring an hour or some other similar amount of time to complete the process.

OR

Out of game micro-transaction in order to effect the transfer instantly and without in-game cost.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Arnfiarnunn Neanias has a default reputation

It should be nice, except for the fee. It isn't needed.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:18 PM

Tadian has a default reputation

Changing the spot should be possible.
I don't like to be forced to join a guild that is nearby... but is it that important to have my guild that close to me? I'm not sure...?!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadian View Post
Changing the spot should be possible.
I don't like to be forced to join a guild that is nearby... but is it that important to have my guild that close to me? I'm not sure...?!
Yes the strenght of a guild is give fast aid/help
The further you are from your guild the harder it is to get help if your in trouble.
There are always other guilds that conflicts with your guilds goals, or just maybe hate the officers/leaders.

I am pretty sure if a person is going to play alone and dont join a guild he could be safe for a while but almost in every game when someone is alone or a loner.. its just a prey.
Because its common sense that someone thats alone isn't a match against a guild with 10 people.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Relee has a default reputation

I like the idea of migration. It could be like, it was so terrible and your people left those guys who you didn't like and settled a territory that was more welcoming.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:12 PM

Sarkata has fair reputation

Good idea, minus the real $ part. In game currency and a lockout period sound like decent enough deterents to me.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

It needs a cost (not necessarily out of game cost). I was saying that the real money cost could be for a viable 'immediately' and free of in-game cost move. I like the idea of giving people different methods of moving, and its good for helping to pay for the game/increase the company's revenue.

So they could give them a couple options:

Options:

A. You pay with in-game resources and a time investment (say 10 minutes.) During this time you can be attacked and an attack would pause the process (but not stop it altogether, it would resume after the combat.) After you move, you will be prevented from moving again for X number of days. (say 1 week).

B. You can pay with real money for a 'Move ticket'. Cost is say: 15 dollars (to keep people from abusing it and to make it worth it for the devs). This move is instantaneous once you use the ticket and costs no in-game resources. Additionally, you can use such a transfer before your 'in-game pay' transfer cooldown is complete.

Basically, the cost and 'cooldown' would prevent the system from being abused. (Otherwise: People could move around all the time to keep their enemies from attacking them. Also, particularly annoying people could harrass people in an area and then just move.) Also, Being able to be attacked during the process would keep people from moving just to avoid an impending attack (unless they saw it coming from a long way away). Lastly, the option for an 'out of game' charge would enable the company to make some money off of those people who A. made bad moving choices or B. don't have the in-game resources to afford a move.

A location should be changeable, but it should also be stable. I wouldn't want to see people moving once a week. In order to prevent that, there needs to be a cost.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Arnfiarnunn Neanias has a default reputation

In order to prevent that, you can simply put a BIG time investiment (like many days) and allow only one move per month. (why not ig money if you want to move again because you're an eternal undecided )