Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Forum RP? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want to RP?
Definitely 3 50.00%
I might 3 50.00%
Absolutely not 0 0%
What is roleplay? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation
Default Forum RP?

I just wanted to see how many people might be interested in engaging in forum RP based on our planned/intended DoF characters? It would boost forum activity, but I wasn't sure whether or not we had many others here who would be interested in it. I have an idea for a setting, but wanted to see if there were any other interested parties. (I'm thinking something along the lines of just a casual, social rp)
Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Karthus has a default reputation

Sounds interesting might be fun.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Glad I got a reply.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Squiglypig has a default reputation

I've RPed on forums before and I enjoyed it back then ^^

But how would it be? The most enjoyable RPs (for me) have been the ones where we simply write a new section of the story involving our own characters, but where we can also do some things for/with other people's characters. The ones where there's been a strict "Only do stuff with your own characters!!" policy quickly became rather stale because no creativity from others were allowed onto your own character. It just takes the fun out of it IMO.

What I mean by "Only do stuff with your own character" is that if you can speak for your own character, you can emote for your own character and you an react for your own character, but you can't say something and then write another person's character's reaction to your character's actions or, even worse, make another person's character actually do something.

Of course what others would do with your character should be IN character, for example an evil mage wouldn't save a kitten (unless it's stated that he has a weakness for cute little creatures).

Which would you rather take?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

I might join in if i read that people come up with a nice story.
"rawr said gunthar the axe , with his moist greenskin under the sun while he wokes up!!!"
Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

I wouldn't really want to participate in an RP where other people can control my character - it goes against the cardinal rules of RP and tends to upset people. Other people do not understand how to play your character, nor should they be able to decide things for your character.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a conversational/social RP. Basically a 'downtime' from the warfare/fighting. Something simple to pass the time while we wait. An alternative, is a cooperative story..wherein people discuss what they want to do and take turns writing it from their own perspectives, etc. (like two armies fighting each other, or with each other, etc.)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Squiglypig has a default reputation

Well it's just my opinion and experience that the RPs where people can take control of your character (of course it's still from their character's perspective) in order to do certain things, as long as they stay in character, are the more enjoyable.
Of course that requires the other RPers to have a certain understanding of HOW to RP and also to understand how your character would react to certain situations.