Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

system requirements for windows 7 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Wolverine80 has a default reputation
Default system requirements for windows 7

Hello i would like to know what are the minimum and raccomanded system requirements of the game for windows 7,thanks.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

No definite at the moment, if you where able to sign up for beta thou that gives you a good idea, thou beta requirements are a bit steeper sense we run tracking logs etc slowing down the game a great deal. If your running windows 7 however, it is a good chance you will be able to run our game. (Video card not included in that statement ) win7 min requirements are pretty steep as it is, if you game most likely you are there.

Just keep on checking in once and awhile, soon we will have something to share.

-Noel

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM

jasont21 has fair reputation

cool, ill be alright then. think as long as everyone can play onvista they would be fine to play on seven
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Bohac View Post
No definite at the moment, if you where able to sign up for beta thou that gives you a good idea, thou beta requirements are a bit steeper sense we run tracking logs etc slowing down the game a great deal. If your running windows 7 however, it is a good chance you will be able to run our game. (Video card not included in that statement ) win7 min requirements are pretty steep as it is, if you game most likely you are there.

Just keep on checking in once and awhile, soon we will have something to share.

-Noel
Thanks,i signed yet fot the closed beta..
Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

If i were to take a guesstimate (taking out extra logging etc and performance increases) on a win 7 machine you could probably be looking at something like 2.6ghz 2gb ram min 512 vid card although you'd want something like a 1gb ddr5 card for higher end graphics settings.

On a note i'm speaking on my own opinions here and don't reflect the staff/company. Just figured id give you a ballpark guesstimate. =)
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

swedishviking has a default reputation

I am sure there will be a range....2 GB of RAM is a little excessive for any game
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3n View Post
If i were to take a guesstimate (taking out extra logging etc and performance increases) on a win 7 machine you could probably be looking at something like 2.6ghz 2gb ram min 512 vid card although you'd want something like a 1gb ddr5 card for higher end graphics settings.

On a note i'm speaking on my own opinions here and don't reflect the staff/company. Just figured id give you a ballpark guesstimate. =)
I have a dual core with 2 gigabyte of ram and ati radeon with 512 megabyte,i hope that wil run smooth also with thousands of troops on screen.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishviking View Post
I am sure there will be a range....2 GB of RAM is a little excessive for any game
LOL Really? First off we're talking windows 7. Next were talking about hundred + on individual units on screen which also use memory.

Other games that require 2gb or +

Global Agenda 2gb - 3gb if vista/7 kernel (recommended 3-4)
Fallout: new vegas - 3gb recommended w/ vista/7 kernel
Rift - 2GB System RAM or more
Starcraft 2 - 2gb recommended
R.U.S.E. - 2GB minimum recommended

I'm sure i could go on and include at least another dozen games. RAM is cheap research is free =)
Old 02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

swedishviking has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3n View Post
LOL Really? First off we're talking windows 7. Next were talking about hundred + on individual units on screen which also use memory.

Other games that require 2gb or +

Global Agenda 2gb - 3gb if vista/7 kernel (recommended 3-4)
Fallout: new vegas - 3gb recommended w/ vista/7 kernel
Rift - 2GB System RAM or more
Starcraft 2 - 2gb recommended
R.U.S.E. - 2GB minimum recommended

I'm sure i could go on and include at least another dozen games. RAM is cheap research is free =)
many of those are graphics intensive, this game does not look that way
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishviking View Post
many of those are graphics intensive, this game does not look that way
More units = more ram. more textures & meshes = more ram.

The more you load the more memory used. It wouldn't make sense to keep the information in a flatfile. I can use a gig of ram loading into a city on just about any RTS. Even old ones like medieval: total war can use more then 6/10th of a gig.

On another note as far as RTS games go these days i'd have to say DoF looks pretty appealing graphically. I'd put money on minimum ram requirements not being less then 1gb and realistically looking towards 2 GB unless they wanna severely cut down the maximum number of field-able units or halve their texture quality.

For arguments sake though lets look at the RTS games in that list. R.U.S.E. and Starcraft II, sure i'll give blizzard credit. they've always had aesthetically pleasing art in their games... They've set a pace on a few genres over the years. The big thing they're proud of in SC2 is their new physics system. The CPU is a 2.6Ghz or equivalent MINIMUM requirement. Now, let's take a peek at R.U.S.E. which is nowhere near SC2 in reqs but isnt where DoF is as far as complexity, cities etc. DoF puts more units into play on top of extra complexities not seen in R.U.S.E.. There's just no way your gonna see this play on a system with a 1Ghz CPU and 512mb ram even on the low settings.