View Poll Results: PC or Xbox 360?
PC 59 93.65%
Xbox 360 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Wizaerd has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
Actually, I don't think it is entirely opinion-based. A PC format allows for keyboard commands, hotkeys, accurate mouse clicking and drag-selection - all of which make selection and commanding troops (in real time) faster and more convenient. There is no means, aside from requiring people to buy more peripherals for their console (and even then, it's still debatable), that the limited input abilities of the console can match the ease, configurable convenience, and exactness of computer control methods.

Now, if someone were to go out and acquire additional peripherals then it becomes possible to reach levels closer to what a keyboard and mouse can do, but even then - further complications arise. There is a reason that the vast majority of RTS games are for PC, not console. I see no circumstance wherein a console version could even be as good (control wise), much less 'infinitely better' than a PC version.
I've played lots of RTs, granted I'm mostly a solo player, and have never used hotkeys. For more casual players, it is more than possible to get these types of capabilities via a controller. Granted, there are not as many buttons on a controller as there is on a keyboard, but it's still not impossible.

I eagerly await for the day when someone feels brave and ionnovative enough to try it on a console for real...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Mokhir has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaerd View Post
Seems to me the MMO DC Universe is doing well on a PS3... with guilds, alliances, and communications. So correct you where you're wrong? I wouldn't presume to state you're in fact wrong, but you are mistaken in that these MMO facilities are not available.
You are right and i did not infact know about mmorpg's on console. I only play FPS and RTS, so i guess it would work it. Although i would prefer my set of hotkeys, easily accessible internet searches for questions and forums and faster communications of negotiations between MMO players. (Keyboard Communications that is, Ventrilo, teamspeak and Skype will come in too if needed)
Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 AM

Pentel123 has a default reputation

PC for strategy games
Old 03-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

1. Make dof for pc.
2. Profit.
3. Make dof2 for ps3 and or xbox(new titles) and pc(expansion pack with dof1 on pc that you can buy with wealth).
4. Make more titles.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Chronic24 has a default reputation

PC for sure, but wouldnt mind it being on ps3 to
Old 04-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Scrapple206 has a default reputation

I think PC's are still the way to go for RTS's the biggest problem with consoles is the controllers.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM

TStroke has a default reputation

PC all the way. Donīt see how you can effectively play an RTS with just a controller, itīs never as fast as a mouse + keyboard.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Revan has fair reputation

Most RTS on Consoles are dumbed down >.< Oh wait every game on console is dumbed down XP PC All the way.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 AM

Roceh has a default reputation

supcom was the only console RTS that kinda worked, you just cant beat mouse/keyboard control though.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 AM

Shabazza has a default reputation

As everm RTS on PC!
I even cant think about playing it with controller...