Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Clans/Guilds - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM

KingofPain has a default reputation
Default Clans/Guilds

If there can be clans and guilds, I think we should have something where you can choose a banner for it or an emblem(coat of arms). I think that'd be kinda cool. I wouldn't be sure how to implement it though.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

we have a whole thread about idea's of army banners
check it out
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2242
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

That's true - but he's talking about banners for guilds. I would say that such a thing is less than ideal. You already have banners for your army.. and so guild banners would have to cover up your own banners.

The only way I would even consider this being useful, is if you could choose which banner to use.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

does it really matter when the world will be ruled under my one banner?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

willyneo has a default reputation

Could always be like medevial war parties. Just have mass amounts of banners flying around.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM

echang has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
That's true - but he's talking about banners for guilds. I would say that such a thing is less than ideal. You already have banners for your army.. and so guild banners would have to cover up your own banners.

The only way I would even consider this being useful, is if you could choose which banner to use.
You wouldn't necessarily have to rely on choosing a banner. For example, they could design it so there are two sections on a banner pole, where the top is your personal army banner and the bottom is the guild banner, or vice versa.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Custos has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofPain View Post
If there can be clans and guilds, I think we should have something where you can choose a banner for it or an emblem(coat of arms). I think that'd be kinda cool. I wouldn't be sure how to implement it though.
I strongly agree if you were to have a guild that you should have a guild banner too. It helps unify people in game and allows them to identify each other based off a unique banner. And I also like the idea of having the guild banner over your banner (but not covering) kind of like a roman legionnaire standard. I think it would be really cool to see multiple different flags with a unifying banner which they all are in allegiance too. Much like in medieval war, kings would call upon their lords to aid in battle the lords would bring their soldiers to battle under their own standards but ultimately the armies marched for the king and under his standard. The mix of flags would make for a very cool visual effect even though it wouldnt change anything tactically.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by echang View Post
You wouldn't necessarily have to rely on choosing a banner. For example, they could design it so there are two sections on a banner pole, where the top is your personal army banner and the bottom is the guild banner, or vice versa.
This is pretty much how I envisioned it per the main suggestion. That would be really cool to have each column of your army have one main banner and under it a slightly shorter banner that declared what guild you were in.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by echang View Post
This is true, and would be an acceptable way to do it.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Love the discussion guys! As far as banners go , we do have the other thread to reference too, but I get where you are going here. All I can say is (well not much haha j/k!) that if certain things don't make it on launch it will after. How I would LOVE to show you guys all the ideas for after release concepts floating behind the doors, sadly I can't but , things like this... keep the convos going! Conceptions come from good inspirations! So nothing said is wasted

*Big brother dev's are always watching o_0

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"