Can we build cities? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation
Default Can we build cities?

Do we build our cities to our preferences or can we only build from a pre build schematic based on the areas we have chosen to live in? I'd like to be able to design my own city if it's possible.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Do we build our cities to our preferences or can we only build from a pre build schematic based on the areas we have chosen to live in? I'd like to be able to design my own city if it's possible.
This is actually a good question. is there a determines land area where we can build and we can construct as we please or will the their be a set amount of buildings per city ?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Custos has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
This is actually a good question. is there a determines land area where we can build and we can construct as we please or will the their be a set amount of buildings per city ?
read the faq, it states that the wall structures are preset and there are certain plots given to humans on which they can build. Elves build in trees (damn tree huggers) and the orcs can build anywhere cause they're smelly. I too was kind of hoping to design my own castle, but can see the difficulty in that. They do however allow you to build your economy and military the way you see fit. Just that the basic essentials are preset with foundations that will be built when researched.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custos View Post
read the faq, it states that the wall structures are preset and there are certain plots given to humans on which they can build. Elves build in trees (damn tree huggers) and the orcs can build anywhere cause they're smelly. I too was kind of hoping to design my own castle, but can see the difficulty in that. They do however allow you to build your economy and military the way you see fit. Just that the basic essentials are preset with foundations that will be built when researched.
In the city itself the buildings of men/elves are preset and automated.
Humans can build on certain plots( not in the city) for instance like a mill/farm to gain more resources.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

this is why the ORCS ARE THE BEST! WE DON:T CARE ABOUT ANYTHIGN we see a spot we build on that spot and call it a fortress
Old 02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

To make sure no confusion happens. Yes the elves and the humans have to build their buildings on plots (humans) or trees (elves). The orcs however can building their buildings anywhere allowed (some places on the terrain you cant for obvious reasons). BUT the walls for each race including the orc's will be a predefined design. If you have been going through the threads it has been mentioned that there will be several wall designs you can choose from.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Hans has a default reputation

I like that style of gameplay, cause no wall spamming kids or unrealistic strongholds

And who know BfME 1 where it was same (just not that big) know that this Gameplay had much fun !!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Zwilorg has a default reputation

what a pitty i would like to build my walls on my way....

but if it is that hard to implement i kinda understand :S
Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Don't worry about the walls guys, you would think the pre-defined would be bad. But with the landscape and the way we designed them you will see "why" we did what we did. The looks alone will explain that enough and in the end there is SOOOOO much customization you can do to your walls and defenses, it won't really be missed. I am one that loves to "build where I like" , but in the case it makes sense even for me and that is saying allot.

When housing etc can mold perfectly into the wall on curves, angles etc nothing I have seen in any game has a better real castle feel then this look alone, not to mention all the other goodies. You guys won't be disappointed. Having the walls be build anywhere (when it was tried ) was prone to abuse is another reason. So being this is a heavy MP game, goes without saying.

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"

Last edited by Noel Bohac : 02-06-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Dawiichan has a default reputation

Yea, I don't know if I would enjoy pre-designed or not. I mean some castles may be built pretty badly if it wasn't so I can see why they made that decision. I think I'll just wait and see the pre-designed walls.