Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Casual Players? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM

cyril360 has a default reputation

is possible destroy a player entire city and killing the player forever or conquer the city for the attacker
Old 02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

I refer you to this thread on a current discussion about combat and offline. This should help clear up the casual aspects of the game play.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2080

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darklegends8 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB View Post
What we've been told so far is that when a player initiates an attack against you, you have two options:
  1. Accept the challenge and bunker down in your fortress, ready to fend off the attacker's advance, or
  2. Refuse the challenge and pay a resource tribute to your attacker. The amount of the tribute will depend on your level in relation to your attacker: The more challenging the opponent, the lower the tribute required to deny their challenge, and vice-versa.
Logging out with the challenge dialog on the screen would probably start a countdown timer to automatic refusal. If you log back in quickly enough (in the case of say, a disconnection), you may still have time to accept the challenge. If you do not, you will automatically decline and pay tribute to the attacker once it reaches zero.
What if you don't have enough resources to pay?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
What if you don't have enough resources to pay?
I imagine it takes whatever you have left. Either that, or the tribute isn't a static number but rather a percentage of your resources, such as a flat 10, 15, or 20%. Those are completely arbitrary guesstimate-style numbers, of course.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM

cyril360 has a default reputation

Quote:
I imagine it takes whatever you have left. Either that, or the tribute isn't a static number but rather a percentage of your resources, such as a flat 10, 15, or 20%. Those are completely arbitrary guesstimate-style numbers, of course.
a group of players can attack a alone player?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:06 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Stormeh has a default reputation

maybe in guild cities or whatnot, but id say a group of players all attacking one player might be a little over the top, otherwise a group of players could demolish one player/ abuse that system very easily.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:11 AM

billy341 has a default reputation

Yup, looking forward to trying it, it has an Empire Total War type of feel from the release video, no idea what its like in game.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril360 View Post
a group of players can attack a alone player?
Not quite sure how you got this from what you quoted, but ultimately that is a possibility. If one player attacks another and the defender has an Alliance with a nearby friend, the Alliance system may invite that friend to help his ally. I'm sure, however, that such a system would be governed by the rules of balance. For example, if a level 5 player (let's say) accepted a challenge from a level 10 player, the game may search a list of his Allies for another level 4-6 player who could come to his aid. This could even out the engagement and provide an extra layer of complexity to the fight for the higher level to deal with. Now, if your concern is whether or not two or three high-level players could come along and wage war on your little town? No, that can't happen because all PvP is consensual--you would have to agree to fighting them, and assuming the skill parity is far enough apart, it would cost you nothing in tribute to say "No, thanks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormeh View Post
maybe in guild cities or whatnot, but id say a group of players all attacking one player might be a little over the top, otherwise a group of players could demolish one player/ abuse that system very easily.
Generally speaking, that would be true, but the devs had said elsewhere (I'll go dig it up if you'd like, I think it's in the suggestions forum) that there is a distinct possibility of uneven matchups so long as the field of battle is ultimately deemed equal. That is, if three level 4 players were fighting one level 14 player, the matchmaking system may see that as roughly equivalent and allow it to commence. After all, it can be a massive advantage to have three brains with smaller forces to manage against a single brain managing many units.

Keep in mind that my use of "levels" here is totally arbitrary and for example purposes only; I have no idea what the actual progression system in DoF looks like at this point.

Last edited by TriggerHappyNDB : 02-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

swedishviking has a default reputation

Quote:
Not quite sure how you got this from what you quoted, but ultimately that is a possibility. If one player attacks another and the defender has an Alliance with a nearby friend, the Alliance system may invite that friend to help his ally. I'm sure, however, that such a system would be governed by the rules of balance. For example, if a level 5 player (let's say) accepted a challenge from a level 10 player, the game may search a list of his Allies for another level 4-6 player who could come to his aid. This could even out the engagement and provide an extra layer of complexity to the fight for the higher level to deal with. Now, if your concern is whether or not two or three high-level players could come along and wage war on your little town? No, that can't happen because all PvP is consensual--you would have to agree to fighting them, and assuming the skill parity is far enough apart, it would cost you nothing in tribute to say "No, thanks".

Generally speaking, that would be true, but the devs had said elsewhere (I'll go dig it up if you'd like, I think it's in the suggestions forum) that there is a distinct possibility of uneven matchups so long as the field of battle is ultimately deemed equal. That is, if three level 4 players were fighting one level 14 player, the matchmaking system may see that as roughly equivalent and allow it to commence. After all, it can be a massive advantage to have three brains with smaller forces to manage against a single brain managing many units.

Keep in mind that my use of "levels" here is totally arbitrary and for example purposes only; I have no idea what the actual progression system in DoF looks like at this point.
If there are level restrictions then it doesn't make sense to allow people so far down in the leveling scheme to attack someone 10 or more level higher....It might be like within a reasonable limit like 4 level 4 players attacking 1 level 8 player
Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM

GrimbleMcArmon has a default reputation

mm i never took this into consideration i'll be a casual player as well.. i hope id on't get owned every time i log off