Choosing Locations - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Mokhir has a default reputation
Default Choosing Locations

Well i haven't play the beta but am very eager to start and get all of my freinds to play. The question is: Can we choose our starting "cities" close nearby eachother, we wish to form together and explore all the possibilities of the game we wanted for 8 years so far.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

You can chose your region, yes. That will place you somewhere in the same area.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Let me ask you this though. Does choosing your starting location give you any advantage over any other. For example.

1. Choosing a city in the mountains give me a better overall defensive position on how my city is built?

2. Building on a plains gives me access to better resources but is harder to defend?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Wait, same region, but can we decide to start lets say on the eastern side of the region because I have a guild I run top 30 US and we planning on getting an off game we can play on off days. We tried lord of ultima and not being able to start together and play as team made us quit that game, and I do not think we would like to quit a game like this.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM

doomkid98 has a default reputation

i really hope thats it not as vague as just somewhere in the region, because as far as i can tell the regions are actualy quite big, thus making it difficult to have town next ot each other.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

@Mcvennor- Yes there are some advantages that you get from choosing a region. If you check out these threads, you'll get some info on them.

Elven Regions
Human Regions
Orc Regions

@Dracus- No you don't get to choose where you start in the region.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

willyneo has a default reputation

I could see that being quite a disadvantage to people who are alone starting this game compaired to those who start with friends if you could just take up your own little cornor of the map.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darklegends8 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyneo View Post
I could see that being quite a disadvantage to people who are alone starting this game compaired to those who start with friends if you could just take up your own little cornor of the map.
I agree, random placement at the start is probably the best idea.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I agree, random placement at the start is probably the best idea.
I highly disagree. If you want to make this game more about being in guilds to create a sense of community or team play making random placement is by far the worst idea. Random placement means guilds will have to be formed with RANDOM people that get to appear near you. This highly affects established guilds that are looking to play together.

Another point in favor of being able to choose where you want to spawn is that you can simply put mechanisms to avoid zerging one person down. The biggest reason most web browsers games are not even appealing to group of friends is because of that random placement nonsense that does not allow me to enjoy this game with my friends.

No random placement means we can work together and have fun. Random placement means oh look your soo far away that any resources I send to you will take too long to get there, or Oh look, your getting attacked do not worry I will send a supporting army to help you. Oh wait my army going to take 30 mins to get their and the enemies only 2 mins. Gratz my friend is dead or crippled and quits game.

If the purpose of Online Kingdom is for a multiplayer and guild experience why would we want to cripple the ability to play with friends or guildies?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

nocixel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post

If you don't like your starting spot, can you recreate and hope for a random spot somewhere else? Maybe somewhere closer to friends (if there is a way to tell how close you are).