More questions and suggestions :D - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 02:33 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

heyy... i dont like my post getting edited..... ):
Old 04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Still like to know what this macro visa to game money economy is gonna be
Here`s an example from Saga. Here we have a 3rd party seeling game units, spells e.t.c We`ll have a similar system but on a secure in-game site without 3rd part and shady credit card transactions. (disclaimer, I am not saying sagaunits.com is shady)
http://www.sagaunits.com/index.php?m...ndex&cPath=1_2
Old 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Wow so thats what saga is...a mmorts with...right ok >< lol.

So whose got it/ played/plays it then? Is it any good?

The trailer looked quite good but somethings put me off:

1) Doesnt look like it was ran on a good computer, big laggy

2) There were some horrible unit animations in that uugh >< hoping DOF wont have that

3) Looked rather confusing :S

Then again it was a youtube video

Hmmm i mite give it a go and see whats its like, no harm in trying
Old 04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Tbeaz161 has a default reputation

I was wondering you you might have like a card or something you could go buy at a shop and you could use that to get a certain number of booster packs. I was also wondering how the booster packs would work would they be like new units you can get that will be coming in an upcoming expansion or will it be like you are able to get more of the certain soldeir like saga. Becuase i personaly don't like the way saga does it. I would be good if its like you buy the booster pack thing and it gives you some new types of units/quests and thats it. Also i'm not sure I understood what you said in your previous post was it that all online buyable content will eventually become part of a expansion you can get or what?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbeaz161 View Post
I was wondering you you might have like a card or something you could go buy at a shop and you could use that to get a certain number of booster packs. I was also wondering how the booster packs would work would they be like new units you can get that will be coming in an upcoming expansion or will it be like you are able to get more of the certain soldeir like saga. Becuase i personaly don't like the way saga does it. I would be good if its like you buy the booster pack thing and it gives you some new types of units/quests and thats it. Also i'm not sure I understood what you said in your previous post was it that all online buyable content will eventually become part of a expansion you can get or what?
Interesting idea...

@ Your question

Yes it will, and apparently it will all be eventually free

Well anywho...just done some snooping on this Saga game, IGN dont really like it haha http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/864/864371p1.html

Lol...read the bit on the 2nd page about the sound effects...xD! I nearly ****ed my self laughing haha xD!

Anywho... back on topic.

PLEASE!!!! For all that is holy dont make DoF ANYTHING like saga...uh god its bloody awful, most people im talking to now on msn think its crap...but i have suggested them this game hehe, expect a lot more members on here soon

I dont like the look of that dodgy saga units site at all hah, I can see what you mean entirely lol.

I dont think you guys should base your system of saga's, or really make it so and individual unit is $0.14 lol xD.

A better idea would be to categorise (the stuff you are going to require purchase) into categories, units, buildings, technology, upgrades. Then sub-divide again into to like, infantry, siege, military structure, economic structure, etc. And then allow for users to browse the units and their stats etc and be able to buy in "clusters". Because buying individual units at once is really fiddly ><.

As a suggestion...i think it would be better to just let the game "flow out" upon release, then maybe after a couple of months start to introduce your system. But if your going to introduce a "booster" pack (would that include all content that has been released separately?) you might as well add some sort of tag to the individual unit saying "part of booster" or something. But the best idea i reckon would be for you to just show us what content you'll be adding, just for us to view, then release a booster pack.

But meh, i just hope you guys know what your doing with this hehe, i dont want it to fail like saga has.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

wow SAGA came out in 2008? yikes well it sound like this game is gonna be alot better. I just don't like saga they have some issues with the whole castle management. Also you have to pay for like all your troops? No thank you. Just please don't make it to complicated like this: O you can get your troops for only 9$ per person. And don't forget booster pack A16783123 B1233456. Do you want bronze silver or gold subscription? Can I just buy the game some expansions and maybe some online campaigns please?

Last edited by Tbeaz161 : 04-13-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
wow SAGA came out in 2008? yikes well it sound like this game is gonna be alot better. I just don't like saga they have some issues with the whole castle management. Also you have to pay for like all your troops? No thank you.
Lol yeah its there apparent countermeasure to no subscription fee's lol.

As for this game, as been said, most new content will be free, but some will cost if you want a quick and fast advantage over your mates or want to confuse noobs haha, but apparently everything will be eventually (after maybe 6 months or so) be free as its being permanently added to the game, via patch or when and expansion pack in general.

Oh BTW Reverie, I'll be making a new thread soon on how you can best impress reviewers, like all the big ones like IGN and FP and *cough* gamespy *cough*

Which reminds me yet again...please dont use or even talk to or make your servers/stats reliant on bloody gamespy...friggin useless...bloody crap ignorant absolute ZERO support!.........gamespy lol. Even worse than than EA, who would of thought hehe.

So err yeah, may of been a bit harsh but, I can rally you several million people who would agree

edit

Quote:
Just please don't make it to complicated like this: O you can get your troops for only 9$ per person. And don't forget booster pack A16783123 B1233456. Do you want bronze silver or gold subscription? Can I just buy the game some expansions and maybe some online campaigns please?
Err come again?

Its not gonna be like that at all, its gonna be NOTHING like friggin Saga or anyone else, hopefully its gonna be nice and simple...oh and no "memberships" as long as you assumably register DoF you will be like a "VIP" which will allow you to get stuff on demand of the release (if you want...you dont have to as i said and the Dev's said, all content is eventually free)

You only really buy the new stuff for if your gonna be a avid hardcore MMO player, who is gonna be playing online all the time and wants every possible advantage over there opponent as quickly as possible..it wont of course make you invincible, but just allow some new strategies and added fun , so chill

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-13-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

I think i might buy expansions becasue I don't want to wate like 6 months for it to be free but don't think I'm gonna be all hard core adn buy the stuff right away. Depends on how much I like the game.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
I think i might buy expansions becasue I don't want to wate like 6 months for it to be free but don't think I'm gonna be all hard core adn buy the stuff right away. Depends on how much I like the game.
My point exactly ^^

By the way...keep all your questions in one thread dude like I have, saves forums space hehe .
Old 04-18-2008, 03:20 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
I hope they'll make big expension packs cause I hate having to buy tons of little expension packs instead of one big pack.