Lol stay on topic please
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

lawl's....you think i MORGAN can stay on topic....I AM BEWULF * KICK*
Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Well you'd be glad to know you've been reported by about 3 people now. Please stop going off topic, I'm asking you nicely to just please stick to the thread topic, or if you have got nothing to say about the issues involved, then please don't post.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:24 AM

lawl's im like an eldar on this forums...iv been here for like a long time...but yeah i have been warned about 3 times that i might get removed so :P
Old 04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

But do you bring anything useful to the forums? Back on topic of customization, do you think you can put walls over a body of water such as a river to make a moat type of entrance to your castle?

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-13-2008, 11:28 AM

your right...im uselesss
Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Hello everyone, sorry for my long absence, lets see if I can answer some of the questions posed here. I'm not going to go back and answer all your points Tyranic, but if I miss something you are really concerned with post it again and I will get to it.

Naval Combat will be quite intensive, however we do not have a damage engine that will actually put cannon holes through where they hit the walls and such, however they will do damage and be able to eventually destroy structures.

We have three main types of weather; Sun (basically no weather effects), Rain and Snow. Rain and Snow will affect your units line of sight. We have other advantages/hindrances planned but we'll have to wait to see what will actually get implemented.

Map sizes are quite large it takes about 5-8 minutes to cross a map.

I am not a scenario designer, but from what they have expressed about the editor, we have one of the best ones available. The game is completely modable and with some experienced people you should be able to use it to create basic mods as well as total conversions.

We will be putting out patches as they are required, we will not abandon DoF after release, as the way we handle our first title will directly affect the way our next title will be received. With the online portion, we will be adding content to the MMO side of the game that will be purchasable at first, however we are planning on making it free after a time. These purchasable add-ons will not be "required" to play but will definately make you a harder opponent to people who do not have the same type of units available, not to say that you are invicible if you buy all the add-ons, but that it will aid players in making a better army.

As far as magic goes, we are planning to just have offensive and defensive spells, you wont see floating castles and the like, but you will see huge displays of tactical magic your magic users will cast.

Win conditions will pretty much stay the same for most of the mulitplayer game types, with the exception of MMO mode, there will be quests similar to single player ones that will have things like, "last 30 minutes" or "Unit X must make it to this point on the map".

The amount of units and buildings is still being determined, we will have more info on that once we have reached a Beta status. At the moment we are still attempting to get as many of the features we "require" into the game, and then from there we will be adding things we want to have in the game. Something you learn early on as a developer is that you can never create something exactly how you want it, you have to make compromises for deadlines or for other factors.

We will have a day/night cycle, however you may begin certain maps at different times of that cycle, for instance you may begin a map at night, but it will eventually become day as the cycle progresses.

We do not have "ages" that your technology will upgrade, we will have upgrades however, so you may see guard towers use fire arrows instead of regular ones and things like that.

It it currently undetermined if we will have better "gear" for heroes, they will gain additional skills as they level up, but the idea of new gear is still being determined.

I cannot comment on the storyline at the moment, I would have to refer one of the writers to let you know.

As for the world map concept, there is a world map in the MMO version of the game, however gameplay is quite different to what you have described.

Hope I got all the important points, anymore questions just post them.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Thanks a lot, that helps a lot indeed .

So to finalise:

- Your not planning to release content for single palyer then? Thats no problem...mods can take care of that hehe. MMO content sounds cool

- At the navel combat thing, nah i didn't means holes and such...i just meant against other boats or buildings made of wood or weaker materials, like it AO3 have very cool effects when smashing your cannon balls into other ships, the way when they loose health, the masts and sales, and chunks of wood, and the structure of the boat slowly comes apart and break off. Again probably moddable if needed hehe, so they wont have "debris" like particle effects on contact with the munitions then?

- Offense/defense magic, cool cool, will that involve RPG likes style of "buffing" individual units or squads (or maybe even buildings?)

- What will those win conditions be mostly in single player? Destroy, survive, resource related?

- I didn't really mean ages, i was just asking at what time period DOF is set it lol but that d/m

- How does this world map work in the MMO version, can we have more details on that?

Some final questions:

1) Probably a bit early on for you guys to answer but, how will mods be handled? Will it be like most games were, theres simply an option on the main menu saying "mods" or something creative like that haha :P. Which you simply tick to enable each 1 (unless there are conflicts). I.E. will you have a built in mod manager or...will we have to replace (backing up first of all obviously) original files or creating a "mods" folder, same with custom maps?

Coming from experience...I would recommend you take mod manager path, since it makes it more comprehensible and appealing for the community and customers in general.

2) Can we have another video yet? Pleeeeease? Lol no rush though hehe ^^

EDIT

As just arose in the other thread:

3) Will there be moral? In general on units, will there be any sort of measure of effectiveness in combat or other tasks in DOF (in the form of moral)?

Thank you for your replys so far, and again in advance

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

1. Yes to mods probaly.
2. Not yet.
3. I'd say yes.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Thx witch king