Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

More questions and suggestions :D - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation

ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3 try a real fun game that is still around like age of mytholigy its allmsot dead but its better there your exsampels your giving :/ btw aom has the best map edator of all time ^^
Old 04-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

To address the monthly fee/new content question.

Even though bellow info is coming from RWS employee, this info is not official, anything might change, but right now the plan is as follows:

-DoF will have no monthly fee, this we can say with 90% certainty right now.
-Only in the event that DoF MMORTS really takes off, and we need to expand our servers, we`ll offer some sort of VIP subscription for something like 8-10$ a month.
-There will be plenty of new MMORTS content released every couple of weeks or so - quests, online campaigns, new monsters, new building and units added for your civilization. Some of these updates will be free, but majority will require VIP membership (if we do introduce one) or per-item purchase.
-Prices will be quite fair, something like 6 hour-of-gameplay new online campaign, with 3 new unit types will be priced around 5$-6$USD.
-Once we release a good deal of of such upgrades and new content (lets say in 4 months), we`ll be releasing online only expansion pack combining all the new upgrades. Prices might vary but definetly 19$ max. Few months after expansion pack is released it`ll be permanently integrated into the game and become a free update.
-There will be booster packs, similar to SAGA. But much less random, and with more variety and options. Booster packs will give player option of buying resources, more units, new unit types e.t.c at game`s website.

So in a nutshell, it`s free to play, with new free content added quite often. And even a free expansion packs down the road. But for players who really like DoF gameplay and world there will be option to spend a few bucks for new quests and units, and there will be macro VISA to Game money economy and market for really hardcore players and noobs

Should keep everyone happy, including developers. The money we`ll be collecting will mostly go towards developing new DoF MMORTS content like new quests.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 04-12-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr View Post
ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3
since when was AoE3 made by EA..?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3 try a real fun game that is still around like age of mytholigy its allmsot dead but its better there your exsampels your giving :/ btw aom has the best map edator of all time ^^
OK first of all, learn to spell. Secondly, don't tell me what to and what not to play. Thirdly, I've played and have Age Of Mythology, been there done that and indeed it is a good game..(but the editor isn't that great). Fourthly, no...that's your opinion, AOE3 has an extremely advanced particle system for its genre, and its a brilliant game and remains one of my favourites. Fifthly...if your going to express your disliking for something, don't use terms like "gay", are you 11 or something? (no offense to mature 11 year olds lol)

@ SVN

Lol indeed , but something tells me he mite of meant to say "these" or...meh w/e

@ Fomenko

You have confused me horribly now lol, i dont quite get what you mean but ill give it a shot hehe:

Your 1st point:

so...on release, the MMO will be free and cost nothing extra? Cool that's good

2nd point:

Only if it becomes popular and people take to it and you need more servers, is when there may be added fee's? right...I guess that makes sense

Third:

Most will be free but a "VIP" access? What will that be? Some kind of thing you have a choice to do when going to register the game such as "Become a VIP member and get exclusive content immediately upon release" or...leading onto your 4th and 5th point, when you got enough added content available to buy your gonna create and expansion pack at around Ł9 pound or so, but eventually after that your gonna make it free?

I dont understand that principal =S, In some aspects is sounds like you may be harming your regular players/customers by choosing to make certain things only available to "VIP" players and cost extra, but im guessing you've got that sorted . so.... kinda of an optional "buy now if your a heavy and regular MMO player or wait later if your more of single player kinda guy for it too be free" I assume the prices would be for supporting your new servers and the games future (as you said)...if it expands into a full blown sequel or if you guys decide make a full overall game expansion (but id be happy to pay for some stuff if it really became great hehe)

As long as you dont charge for...every single piece of new content (which you said you wouldn't so that's cool)

So its sorta like...you give the option to hardcore players to get new content asap...but in a way aren't you sort of restricting the average single players? You mention and "online campaign" that sounds great!...but what about additional content for single player and skirmish?

Finally what the hell is a "macro VISA to Game money economy and market"? Is that...as in "real" money? Or resources and income you get by/from your online conquests? I think the latter would be a great idea...say for example... before the next battle you could have the option to go to the market or (maybe even an auction house?) and choose to spend your income on exclusive units/buildings/upgrades/technology that's only available via the market..at a cost of maybe not having as many resources readily available in your next battle for regular use. That could work sooooooooo well, but you would have to make sure you balance it somehow to ensure players just dont spent all there resources into epic units or items w/e and ignore the primary gameplay elements, something like that would indeed rock...but feel free to elaborate more on what it is/does/ how it works .

Sure is shaping up to be pretty awesome!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Robert Schultz has a default reputation

It can't be a pay to play game... how would that work out with x-box live?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
It can't be a pay to play game... how would that work out with x-box live?
Yeah Xbox live players won`t have access to some extra features unfortunetly. But the core of online play with at least 30 quests and all the functions of player vs player combat should be quite good for most Xbox players.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

So...they are your plans, but not set in stone yet? Still like to know what this macro visa to game money economy is gonna be +

- Single player added content?
- When people start to mod, could they put there mods on the browser website for either immediate download, or integration with the game?
- When and if you make a sequel to the game, will it be in the form of DOF2 or will it be a full game expansion 1st?

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-13-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 AM

Leinad has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Yeah Xbox live players won`t have access to some extra features unfortunetly. But the core of online play with at least 30 quests and all the functions of player vs player combat should be quite good for most Xbox players.
i just hope u take a look at HGL and what such a mixed system of non subscribers and subscribers can do to a game.

Anyways rly nice game u've got there and there is defiantly potential. I am really curious to see a beta of DoF.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i just hope u take a look at HGL and what such a mixed system of non subscribers and subscribers can do to a game.

Anyways rly nice game u've got there and there is defiantly potential. I am really curious to see a beta of DoF.
Is that a negative point your making about HGL? I cant tell lol.

I dont like that game, its a bit boring to me.

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-13-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

Quote:
HOLY **** I JUST NOTICED YOUR SIG LMFAO