Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Concerns about launch next month - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 PM

laminblake is just above average reputation
Default Concerns about launch next month

This is not a troll post, just a concerned beta tester.

Ever since OB i have started seeing bugs that haven't shown up before the OB patch and i feel that the devs might have their hands full for the launch coming next month. My real concerns are over pvp as it is being tested this month. I feel that the issues between balancing issues, reward issues, bugs, what if issues (like what if someone hits Alt F4 during a match) are on the list of things to do along with the continuing quest bugs, cloning bugs, city runtime bugs, ai issues, reasource issues and such. I just dont want to see this game come out incomplete and have a situation where very few join because of this.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

vantagal has fair reputation

I must agree with this issue.

I've been a very dedicated gamer for a very long time, and my biggest concern with games is that they are released to early. I've beta tested more games than i care to recall, and i have seen to many of even the biggest games fail due to poor testing and rushing out the "finished" product to early.

This game has everything i've been after for such a long time, i just hope the final product can deliver and not be riddled with bugs and memory leaks.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Zila has a default reputation

I have to agree aswell..

I have long time dreamed about an MMORTS game with so nice graphics as this game here but me as a new player to this game just gets stuck on bugs after bugs and i have been beta testing well over 50 defrient games everything from WoW to minor games.

and this game aint ready for release unless the Major bugs there keeps comming after 10 to 12 hours of playtime ingame gets solved.

also the quest issues and recourses needs to be solved..

over und out.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM

rollando has a default reputation

Im searching for a group who understand french, and possiblility of speaking about the game, and bug with Skype. (can do it in english to)

My english is basic, but my testing knowledge is not.

There are too many bug and people dont want to write about it, so lets do something else (maybe)
Old 08-07-2011, 06:43 PM

laminblake is just above average reputation

im doing my part i have been posting log files in the bug report section, my issue is that i cant even get to end game to test that out because of the game breaking bugs.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:41 AM

kyranzor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminblake View Post
im doing my part i have been posting log files in the bug report section, my issue is that i cant even get to end game to test that out because of the game breaking bugs.
Along with everyone else, i also honestly believe that its unrealistic to think that the game is ready for even an 'unpolished' or 'low content but stable' release. If they plan to add more content to the game, while having it as a fully released game, there is currently far too many things going wrong, and when new things are introduced, you will ALWAYS have problems. I am a programmer, I know **** breaks all the time. Each new function has a whole world of horrible problems and unnoticed border conditions you didnt think about when designing the code.

Please delay for a better, and more stable christmas release!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 AM

Zila has a default reputation

what they need is 2 worlds ( servers ) 1 for Live and 1 for tests, Where every patch are being tested on before going on the live server. if they put in stuff on the live server without it being tested it will be a game breaker. trust me look at all the major game companys out there every single 1 of them have there Live servers where they have the tested patches on and have a test server where you have your tests on, to make sure nothing in the patch are game breaking.

from Zila.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Beta testing is quite tedious, and filling out in depth bug reports is beyond peoples knowledge for an open beta, so the information the developers/programmers/QA testers need will be quite scarce.

However, i can give pretty much the ways in which i crash/how often i can replicate this crash as well as suggestions that would make the game better

I really want this game to succeed, it has the potential to go very far in this days market.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Guys,

Your concerns are understandable - but with our team working at full capacity on bugs we should have quite a stable release. As before we continuing with daily patches.

If worst comes to worst - the entire team is already booked to work on patches exclusively for two months after release, we will need start on new content before everything is fixed.

However - we remain optimistic, and hopefully towards end of this week with another few patches behind us we`ll start to see real improvement.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

This is what i like about indie companies mainly, especially with a first release. Consistent community presence is what will get your game noticed, and is what will keep your current consumers very happy. Its good to see that you browse the forums and reply to necessary threads/topics.

I just hope you take on board a lot of the suggestions that have been posted for small but necessary game improvements.

//vantagal