Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Army Banners - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Again can not truly fully comment on this because of a,b,c reasons. BUT ... I can say as a long time gamer and my "Personal Opinion" would be the following...

1. Pre-set different types for each race
2. DLC options as well
3. Customized DLC (probably a higher value cost then other)
a. Customized would be submitted before added to the system.
b. Good ideas for such is having contest for "best design" etc as so many will want their design in game it could get a bit daunting on the developer end and graphic end (remember the more options you add the more that has to load the slower the system goes)

Overall, i would go with a default grouping, then release some new dlc's then from there go with or at the same time hold a contest or something along those lines for community participation to be able to "introduce" their own designs into the game.

You design it, our graphic guys tweak it and add it to the game. Thou again these are "my personal opinions" and in no way reflect those to Reverie World Studios, 505 games or any subsidiarity there in. As part of the team this would be my vote.

As said before and elsewhere, we look at your guys ideas all the time (why wouldn't we?) a good Dev team will always be open for concepts, ideas and implementations there is if it makes sense and is something that would enhance game play. It as you know, comes down to time left etc, however we really want to expand this game beyond launch so hopefully that will come to past. If so, there is sooo much that could be done to enhance this game. Again why I joined the team

Thnx for the kudos BTW you guys, I know I can speak for many of the team members here at Reverie that you get the passion and know that makes a huge difference in a title. Might be our first title, but it's going to be one heck of title to launch the long career of Reverie, I have no doubts about it.

-Noel

edit: note, I am a gamer and don't want nickle and diming going on (IE DLC) , but to me dlc can be done other ways , money transactions, credit in game ( do something epic make points) etc etc, plus dlc keeps a development team going. I see things like flags etc, a very very small dlc, now maps, quests etc, ok that took allot of time and would have a bit more cost to it. So again guys, gamer like you, I don't personally mind dlc, I did all the dlc for dragon age btw and I thought almost all of it was worth it at one point. Some yeah, a bit much , but in the end it was great to get more game. So for me, I am happy we are just having people buy the game and play the MMO version with no cost etc, DLC will just enhance if we go that rout is what I am saying , again PLEASE don't read into something here, this is a gamer perspective not an offical one thnx!

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"

Last edited by Noel Bohac : 02-03-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation

I'm basically going to say the same thing here as I did in the other forum. Thank you for getting out in the forum and giving us a reply (although no details.....grrrrr) j/k glad you guys are out here in this one I've beta tested games before and the dev's never commented on post or even replied to some of the major issues. Keep doing what your doing and I'll be waiting for the rest of us for this wonderful game.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Roflmao9 has a default reputation
Thumbs up Man I an excited to make my own castel

I am so excited that Their is Goin to be a game where u make citys and a whole empire in multieplayer and in single player. I wonder if you can make polecies like being all Castro or having no child labor this intltrests me I can't wait for the game
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM

blackraven has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee7778747 View Post
I'm basically going to say the same thing here as I did in the other forum. Thank you for getting out in the forum and giving us a reply (although no details.....grrrrr) j/k glad you guys are out here in this one I've beta tested games before and the dev's never commented on post or even replied to some of the major issues. Keep doing what your doing and I'll be waiting for the rest of us for this wonderful game.
Yea I've had that happen on many beta tests also. It is nice to see devs out and about on the forums keep it!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

May I throw my 2 cents in? There is a certain MMO out there that allows user content to be created and added in to the game. SUch a system could be used in this game to create banners and surcoats for units, subject to a voting and approval system provided by the developers. Of course, it would be best if strict limits were placed on the exact design of such things and making sure it stayed fantasy like.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Bohac View Post
Again can not truly fully comment on this because of a,b,c

As said before and elsewhere, we look at your guys ideas all the time (why wouldn't we?) a good Dev team will always be open for concepts, ideas and implementations there is if it makes sense and is something that would enhance game play. It as you know, comes down to time left etc, however we really want to expand this game beyond launch so hopefully that will come to past. If so, there is sooo much that could be done to enhance this game. Again why I joined the team

Thnx for the kudos BTW you guys, I know I can speak for many of the team members here at Reverie that you get the passion and know that makes a huge difference in a title. Might be our first title, but it's going to be one heck of title to launch the long career of Reverie, I have no doubts about it.

-Noel

edit: note, I am a gamer and don't want nickle and diming going on (IE DLC) , but to me dlc can be done other ways , money transactions, credit in game ( do something epic make points) etc etc, plus dlc keeps a development team going. I see things like flags etc, a very very small dlc, now maps, quests etc, ok that took allot of time and would have a bit more cost to it. So again guys, gamer like you, I don't personally mind dlc, I did all the dlc for dragon age btw and I thought almost all of it was worth it at one point. Some yeah, a bit much , but in the end it was great to get more game. So for me, I am happy we are just having people buy the game and play the MMO version with no cost etc, DLC will just enhance if we go that rout is what I am saying , again PLEASE don't read into something here, this is a gamer perspective not an offical one thnx!
I'd like to say that it indeed all comes down to time with the management of projects of this magnitude, and with this said I'd like to ask if DLC would ever be available through the influence resource that I have seen posted by some people. I have always had the idea of having content be gained through ingame achievements or ingame feats as an option to money. With this mindset lets say you are a casual and simply want to catch up or get something cool then you can simply pay. After all some people rather work and get payed then achieve something in a videogame. At anyrate its just an idea I've had for a while.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 AM

doomkid98 has a default reputation

i really do hope that custom banners will be added because that would make customization so much more fun
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
I'd like to say that it indeed all comes down to time with the management of projects of this magnitude, and with this said I'd like to ask if DLC would ever be available through the influence resource that I have seen posted by some people. I have always had the idea of having content be gained through ingame achievements or ingame feats as an option to money. With this mindset lets say you are a casual and simply want to catch up or get something cool then you can simply pay. After all some people rather work and get payed then achieve something in a videogame. At anyrate its just an idea I've had for a while.
It has been posted offically elshwere but yes there are plans, will it be a firm yes, time will tell again we are working on it as you know, we will have more definites as it gets closer to launch. Alex posted allot of good info on the Fantasy Friday threads, take a look at them closly.

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"

Last edited by Noel Bohac : 02-06-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Ok I will definitely check out that thread. Thx for the heads up on that thread. ^_^
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

QuantaDragon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsebloom View Post
I think custom army banners would be cool, I'd be worried about them getting abused though. I mean have you seen some of the clan tags in Black Ops?
I will have to agree with you, the clan tags in Black Ops gets abused way too much.