Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Army Banners - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation
Default Army Banners

Do we get to create our own army banners or army uniforms like the symbols or colors?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

oooooooo that would be pretty cool imo. Would give it that extra bit of personalization.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee7778747 View Post
Do we get to create our own army banners or army uniforms like the symbols or colors?
Depending on the level of customization it could be good, however, having people with obscene banners well.....just would not be cool.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Pyrasia has a default reputation

I hope we can at least pick Primary and Secondary colors for the armies and banners.
Would be cooler with options for Symbol/Icon. Better yet if we can upload 36x36 or w/e the size for the icon.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

I can't directly comment on this topic for obvious reasons but I agree... is that enough? lol... so lets just say my vote is there I can say this much however,... the team here is comprised of allot of RTS and strat players. All of which at one point or another have had the same view points as most of you. In a game like this in a persistent world, it would make sense then to have such a feature wouldn't it? Yeah, I know.. it's not that definite yes or no answer you are looking for, but I am trying to put across that there are a TON of features we want to see in the game. Will they all make it at launch? All depends on what we can fit in.

This is why Konstantin our fearless leader (well, ok maybe not all fearless hehe) has mentioned so many good things about adding features and expanding on the game after launch. It comes down to (as many of us gamers know) on if the numbers are there sales/population etc, like any great game, then more will follow.

I wanted to chime in here, for as a gamer like many of you, I have been gaming and coding for 20+ years now(yes that makes me allot older :P ), since the DOS days. So allot of us on the team really have the same aspects, desires and wants you would want to see in a title like this.

Just today we went threw some in house testing and came up with a major solution to a fix that was determined on the "tactics" factor and what you the player (and we as players ) would expect this particular issue to be. It was solved and decided after good debate and discussion with testing we got the perfect fix.

Some of you may also like to know that many of us are mappers, modders as well. I mention this because if you are an RTS fan and enjoyed many titles in the past, I can GUARANTY you , that you played one I made or one someone on the team made. It amazed me after joining the team to meet so many people that well; we should have met a long time ago. As we talk about other things and found that many mod and map we did in the same game's and didn't even knowing it. I find it just thrilling to have such great talent pool here.

I personally look forward to the years that come from this title and others as well. I am glad so many are starting to spread the word and be as excited as many of us have been for a long while. This is that game many of us always dreamed of. Being able to part of a persistent world and clash with friend and foe, make alliances and bash some heads Fun years ahead for sure!

Ops! I went on rant didn't I? Oh well, hopefully this information was informative, someday after the chaos of launch is out of the way, we can talk mod shop

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Bohac View Post
I can't directly comment on this topic for obvious reasons but I agree... is that enough? lol... so lets just say my vote is there I can say this much however,... the team here is comprised of allot of RTS and strat players. All of which at one point or another have had the same view points as most of you. In a game like this in a persistent world, it would make sense then to have such a feature wouldn't it? Yeah, I know.. it's not that definite yes or no answer you are looking for, but I am trying to put across that there are a TON of features we want to see in the game. Will they all make it at launch? All depends on what we can fit in.

This is why Konstantin our fearless leader (well, ok maybe not all fearless hehe) has mentioned so many good things about adding features and expanding on the game after launch. It comes down to (as many of us gamers know) on if the numbers are there sales/population etc, like any great game, then more will follow.

I wanted to chime in here, for as a gamer like many of you, I have been gaming and coding for 20+ years now(yes that makes me allot older :P ), since the DOS days. So allot of us on the team really have the same aspects, desires and wants you would want to see in a title like this.

Just today we went threw some in house testing and came up with a major solution to a fix that was determined on the "tactics" factor and what you the player (and we as players ) would expect this particular issue to be. It was solved and decided after good debate and discussion with testing we got the perfect fix.

Some of you may also like to know that many of us are mappers, modders as well. I mention this because if you are an RTS fan and enjoyed many titles in the past, I can GUARANTY you , that you played one I made or one someone on the team made. It amazed me after joining the team to meet so many people that well; we should have met a long time ago. As we talk about other things and found that many mod and map we did in the same game's and didn't even knowing it. I find it just thrilling to have such great talent pool here.

I personally look forward to the years that come from this title and others as well. I am glad so many are starting to spread the word and be as excited as many of us have been for a long while. This is that game many of us always dreamed of. Being able to part of a persistent world and clash with friend and foe, make alliances and bash some heads Fun years ahead for sure!

Ops! I went on rant didn't I? Oh well, hopefully this information was informative, someday after the chaos of launch is out of the way, we can talk mod shop
I have been gaming for many years and never been a fan boy to a particular game and I can tell you this. Rants like this are what I consider a huge factor in good game designers. This shows passion I have seen in many game designers in great titles. To be honest I really hope this game gets steered in the right direction.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Thank you for the kind words Dracus,

I can say I know exactly what you mean, been that way myself. It is a great feeling to have such passionate people who also love what they are doing for the type of game they are producing is that which they would want. Don't take me wrong, we have "our days" it's not all peaches and cream doing this work, but that passion is what keeps the drive going for sure.

Glad to see my "rant" was note worthy.

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 AM

Corpsebloom has a default reputation

I think custom army banners would be cool, I'd be worried about them getting abused though. I mean have you seen some of the clan tags in Black Ops?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Smikis has a default reputation

They could always have restrictions and presets, where you cant put any offensive crap in them, apart that would custom banner be visible, how offten player would look at them, would old player care about my banner, or new guy care about my banner instead ofthat huge force face rolling his army,
probably not..banners on it self should be rly huge to be visible, i remmeber back in warhammer, they promised us 534953490534 ways to customize your character with trophies.
what end result was like 2-3 spots on shoulders, for trophies you couldnt even see yourself unless you zoom in, i wont mention guy 5 yards from me, or that guy 30yards from me whos considering to stomp my face in.. so in reality those features are hard to implement and not always worth time over other things
Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

how about preset's but just make sure there are so many different combination's, it will be hard to have the same looking banner/color and u can give each race it;s own banner style to, kinda like starcraft where every template has a zerg, protoss, and terran looking version