Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Length of Battle - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Noel Bohac's Avatar
Noel Bohac Noel Bohac is offline
Reverie World Studios QA Tester
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Noel Bohac has a default reputation
Default

It can be short or very long indeed depending on the scenario in question. This is really giving no info way on the current game play (IE I really can't say something directly) but as a gamer (I love saying that) like many of you, I can assure you that you can have epic battles or fast scims all depending again on the scenario.

Is it a siege? how many defense are there, what are the numbers on both sides ? Are the defenses stone work or wood? Did you bring enough siege equipment? or has the defender put up a ton of trebs? Did you have to fight your way to their keep and loose units on the way? Did you get mercenaries to backup your numbers? What is the current experience of your troops overall? Are you going in green or elite? How are the defenders troops? Did he/she establish a range paradise? or did he/she go with Calvary for a sneak attack when you are not looking?

Maybe the attacker is going for a resouce hit to knock out all resources then make a run for it? Perhaps it's a counter manuver for an ally that is really after your other alliance member and this is a ploy run? Does he hold his attack longer then usual? Do you go out to meet him? Do you give chase to only be countered by another force? In the scale of EPIC , I have no doubt you guys will enjoy what you see here.

The questions and answers are endless, you won't be disappointed

So the answer is yes, epic long battles and short as you would expect in pretty much any game you have played. I like to think of it as BFME2 meets Stronghold = awesome baby


-Noel

Thou again these are "my personal opinions" and in no way reflect those to Reverie World Studios, 505 games or any subsidiarity there in. (always got to throw that in there! Thou I am sure a few here agree )
__________________
The artist formally known as Guardious.

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Lee7778747 Lee7778747 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Lee7778747 has a default reputation
Default

grrrr. you always give good replies but I want details!!!!!!! but I'm just glad you guys are out in the forums replying to us thank you for doing what you do and I can't wait to get a look at this game!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Dawiichan Dawiichan is offline
Elven Sect:
Sentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 47
Dawiichan has a default reputation
Default

I'm guessing around one hour. I wouldn't mind around 30 minutes~2 hours though, I like long fights the most.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
lamaking65 lamaking65 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
lamaking65 has a default reputation
Default

hmm well its a siege so i would think thats up to the attacker and whether or not he has enough troops or supplies and even if its worth attacking anymore so it could possible be hrs my question is thou since this is a mmo and attacks can and mostly likely will happen when ur away do ur troops defend themselves in the siege like act like an npc or do we give them instructions on wat to do when attack????>.<
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Noel Bohac's Avatar
Noel Bohac Noel Bohac is offline
Reverie World Studios QA Tester
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Noel Bohac has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamaking65 View Post
hmm well its a siege so i would think thats up to the attacker and whether or not he has enough troops or supplies and even if its worth attacking anymore so it could possible be hrs my question is thou since this is a mmo and attacks can and mostly likely will happen when ur away do ur troops defend themselves in the siege like act like an npc or do we give them instructions on wat to do when attack????>.<
If you have a good setup in the location , your in good hands if you happen not to be there. The AI does a very ample job and is getting better daily with each and every new build in house. So when you are not there, you are in good hands not to worry, but as an attacker you will also have to fight that same AI, so it is up to the player to lay out the defense that he/she leaves in the region. But to another point...

There are many features about the "away" status of a player that are constantly being addressed and as you have undoubtedly heard in other games from other Dev's, things can change so telling you something now (the reason we sadly don't respond to so many great questions ATM) is it might change on our next internal build. We want the best game we can deliver and every smallest detail is being hammered on over and over and over to make it perfect. Even after launch undoubtedly things will be added and adjusted.

When we are finally ready to open the doors (so to speak) I think you will be pleasantly surprised indeed. I am for one excited to see your guys reactions and I know they will be very positive. I hate replying sometimes because I don't want everyone to get their hopes up so high that if something doesn't make it in at launch, it would be a huge disappointment.

I know how that is, been there done that plenty. But you know, this game is worth getting excited over, heck I bash away at the same repetitive activities over and over and it gets very daunting indeed. But in the end, I believe in the game, the team, the community and all together that keeps my drive going , the team going and the knowing that what we got is just plain freaking awesome

The gaming world needs a solid game like this. As a strat player for years and years, I have always dreamed of the day where we as players would have a consistent world to fight in and conquer, explore, quest, economical complexity and so much more that how can I not be excited! I am 43 now and feel like I am 20 at times!

All I can say here is "Gaming goodness ahead!"

Thou again these are "my personal opinions" and in no way reflect those to Reverie World Studios, 505 games or any subsidiarity there in. (always got to throw that in there! Can't make those number crunchers angry!)
__________________
The artist formally known as Guardious.

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 AM
swuopa swuopa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 53
swuopa has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Bohac View Post
It can be short or very long indeed depending on the scenario in question. This is really giving no info way on the current game play (IE I really can't say something directly) but as a gamer (I love saying that) like many of you, I can assure you that you can have epic battles or fast scims all depending again on the scenario.

Is it a siege? how many defense are there, what are the numbers on both sides ? Are the defenses stone work or wood? Did you bring enough siege equipment? or has the defender put up a ton of trebs? Did you have to fight your way to their keep and loose units on the way? Did you get mercenaries to backup your numbers? What is the current experience of your troops overall? Are you going in green or elite? How are the defenders troops? Did he/she establish a range paradise? or did he/she go with Calvary for a sneak attack when you are not looking?

Maybe the attacker is going for a resouce hit to knock out all resources then make a run for it? Perhaps it's a counter manuver for an ally that is really after your other alliance member and this is a ploy run? Does he hold his attack longer then usual? Do you go out to meet him? Do you give chase to only be countered by another force? In the scale of EPIC , I have no doubt you guys will enjoy what you see here.

The questions and answers are endless, you won't be disappointed

So the answer is yes, epic long battles and short as you would expect in pretty much any game you have played. I like to think of it as BFME2 meets Stronghold = awesome baby


-Noel

Thou again these are "my personal opinions" and in no way reflect those to Reverie World Studios, 505 games or any subsidiarity there in. (always got to throw that in there! Thou I am sure a few here agree )
aaaaAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
Can i come to your house to watch you play?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 AM
swuopa swuopa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 53
swuopa has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee7778747 View Post
but I'm just glad you guys are out in the forums replying to us thank you for doing what you do and I can't wait to get a look at this game!!!!!
DOUBLE QUOTE
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 AM
NobleIre NobleIre is offline
Orc Sect:
Berserker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mobile, Al.
Posts: 149
NobleIre has good reputation
Default

I agree, it's so refreshing to see you out here talking to us - rather than just occasionally throwing out a comment or two every week like some other game devs.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM
echang echang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
echang has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyndromZ View Post
It can't be longer then 30min.. i guess?
Considering that they said in the FAQ section, "most mid-game quests will take around 35 minutes", I would harbor a guess that they would try to arrange PvP battle around that amount of time. Having really long battles would detract interest in the game, as many people do not have time to spend 2-3 hours on a game in one sitting.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Dreadnought Dreadnought is offline
Human Sect:
Maceman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 21
Dreadnought has a default reputation
Default

Well I would hazard a guess from what has been said, that if the defender has a strong defences, stone walls, trebs etc then it could well go well over the hour. I mean if a seige is a seige then it doesnt necessarily have to go immediately to battle, I would have thought you could hold under seige for extended periods until the defender either goes to battle, concedes or runs out of resources. If your defences are strong then you can hand over to AI and go off to work without too much worry.

Perhaps you could hand over to AI mid-battle too if you have too, who knows?

Likewise if your houses are made of straw so to speak and your force of 1000 faces a force of 10000 then the battle is likely to last only a few minutes.

Just my thoughts...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 AM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Kingdom Wars and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.