Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Army limit - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation
Default Army limit

Is there going to be a limit on how big your army can get?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM

boondock5aint has a default reputation

havent looked into it yet, but i doubt there wont be a cap on it, at the very least there will be a cap on how much you can command in one travel across the map therefore limiting what you can take into battle with you. but i reckon it will be either be a hard number or whatever you can sustain based on your food resource income
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

It kinda brings some interesting questions to the table thinking on a limit. Like total number of deploy-able troops. Is it based on a global total of field-able units, or is it army based. If army based could you siege with multiple armies? If so, is it just your armies or armies of your allies as well. Which in turn brings similar questions on defense if you could have an ally garrison with you if they we warned of an incoming attack for example. I think that's a pretty general question which would be hard for most devs to answer.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Zwilorg has a default reputation

yes i do believe that the limits are the hardest part to estabilish in this type of games...

are there any word out there on limits on resources, troops, etc..?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation

Yeah the other question is do you a limit on the total number of troops per siege. I think it should be a limit of total number on siege doesn't matter if it is combining troops for an alliance.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

I wouldnt mind having an answer to that either as the more units means the more system resources. if the servers run for multiple clients pc/console computers could gain an advantage by flooding the screen with units. From what ive read about reverie though reverie i think it'd be safe for me to say they've got it covered. Worse case i suppose we hope for a beta or wait till it's release.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

OK, it's late and I'm going off the top of my head, so bare with me. You basicly have two caps, one is your homecity. Your homecity has a cap to how many battalions/units it can have (you can upgrade it to increase the cap). The second is the world army cap (or the number of armies you can have on the world map). This cap you have a set number of armies you can have on the world map (as far as I know you can't increase this). Now remember that units are grouped into battalions (excluding stuff like siege equipement which is only one unit each), so your world armies can have as many battalioins/units it can hold. So yes there is a limit to how big your army can be.

Now I don't remember the actual numbers of what I suggested. Now if I made a mistake and another dev wants to come add or clear things up, please do. I hope this helps. Also if you are still confused (sorry ) please ask questions on what you don't understand.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 02-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Thanks for the answer, i dont know if it answered the first askers question lol, but it answered some of mine. If i could ask, whats the maximum number of fieldable units/battalions for an attacker?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3n View Post
Thanks for the answer, i dont know if it answered the first askers question lol, but it answered some of mine. If i could ask, whats the maximum number of fieldable units/battalions for an attacker?
lol, I did, but I should have made it more clear (I edited my post). If you mean when you attack someone castle, etc, then you can only attack someone with one army only (this might change in the future). Now in that army, I don't remember the exact amount or max of units you can battalion/units you can have, but I'd say around 10+ (thats a guess, so don't take it as a fact) battalions/units. Now each battalion is different in size depending on what race you play, like for instance a human battalion has about 16 units per and the elves have less, orcs more.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Thanks alot for clearing that up for me!