Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What is the end game? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Pyrasia has a default reputation

Usually the end game for this type of game is simply just -- world domination xD
Old 02-02-2011, 02:57 AM

acekaze has fair reputation

I think the end game of this game, really goes about how powerfull you are, and how much control you have, isnt that what humans fight for ? Power, control, and money :P
Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 AM

Korpze777 has a default reputation

I am concerned tho i am a hardcore player and if there is now way to gain control of new lands or to dominate the game if you are good enough such as in evony what would be the point.Just having a castle that can never be took over is kind of to easy and "casual".Maybe there will be a hardcore mode or server type where the point is to take over the whole world.Wouldnt be short thats for sure especially having to manage so many castles and after the season or after the world has been taken over reset it maybe.That way there would be a end game still.Either eay im sure i will love this game and we will just have to wait and see how the end game stuff works.As always ty for making such an awesome game keep up the good work.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpze777 View Post
I am concerned tho i am a hardcore player and if there is now way to gain control of new lands or to dominate the game if you are good enough such as in evony what would be the point.Just having a castle that can never be took over is kind of to easy and "casual".Maybe there will be a hardcore mode or server type where the point is to take over the whole world.Wouldnt be short thats for sure especially having to manage so many castles and after the season or after the world has been taken over reset it maybe.That way there would be a end game still.Either eay im sure i will love this game and we will just have to wait and see how the end game stuff works.As always ty for making such an awesome game keep up the good work.
yeah i understand where your coming from.
I have alot of things to say and whats on my mind.
But i can't have really a say in this matter since i never have played it before.
I would be ****ed tho if someone attacked my castle and take all my resources + destroying my armies.

In addition i think "offline can't be attacked" is to much for a safeguard..
It would be good to implent that and put a timer on it for 2 weeks..
After that if you go offline you just need to put alot of soldiers to defend your castle if its dear to you. And the AI will take over( no lame AI tho).
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by master0p View Post
yeah i understand where your coming from.
I have alot of things to say and whats on my mind.
But i can't have really a say in this matter since i never have played it before.
I would be ****ed tho if someone attacked my castle and take all my resources + destroying my armies.

In addition i think "offline can't be attacked" is to much for a safeguard..
It would be good to implent that and put a timer on it for 2 weeks..
After that if you go offline you just need to put alot of soldiers to defend your castle if its dear to you. And the AI will take over( no lame AI tho).

Patience. Is all I can tell you. If we get selected for the open beta at the end of February we might be able to see how hardcore we can be in this game.^_^
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation

Well, the concept of guild-controlled objectives and guild cities has been thrown around. This sounds like a great endgame, defending a massive castle with a bunch of other players, or fighting for control over CTF-style landmarks, like, for example a large statue is propped up in someones city, well, knock it down, put it on a wagon and take it to your city to give morale/income/other bonuses!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulaun View Post
Well, the concept of guild-controlled objectives and guild cities has been thrown around. This sounds like a great endgame, defending a massive castle with a bunch of other players, or fighting for control over CTF-style landmarks, like, for example a large statue is propped up in someones city, well, knock it down, put it on a wagon and take it to your city to give morale/income/other bonuses!
I agree with this however what will they attack or defend? will there be an NPC capitol city for a region that if controlled by a guild they gain specific benefits, and if so what determines who captures it and how will schedules work for sieging this capitol city? I mean there are I believe still gaps on what exactly is the end game guild based (obviously since mmo's are usually about multiplayer end game not solo play).
Old 02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation

Well the idea of a guild based city would be a large city in which many players defend, and many players can siege at once. Guild cities should be capturable in my opinion, or atleast able to be heavily destroyed to change the balance of power.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulaun View Post
Well the idea of a guild based city would be a large city in which many players defend, and many players can siege at once. Guild cities should be capturable in my opinion, or atleast able to be heavily destroyed to change the balance of power.
Raulaun if the end game were this. I would definitely go insane hardcore with this game ^_^. The gameplay looks awesome and if the end game is enticing I think this is gonna be the formula of "win". :P
Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

how do u get end game in a RTS exactly though? i mean there are NPC's to kill so i guess maybe access to cool visual stuff? also will there be any special unit's like 1 hero/leader per person i guess that really isn't much stronger but just looks cool and has a aura, that might be one wya to add a end game per say in that you get a better hero