What is the end game? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation
Default What is the end game?

My question is simple, What is the endgame of this game? What will a hardcore player strive for here?.

Wow has its pve end game raiding, Lineage 2 had its castle sieges (and lawl pve raid bosses). My question is what is the end game here? and do servers have any kind of lame resets like lord of ultima?

Also what sort of protections will the game have for casuals from hardcore? will it make it impossible or just give them a chance?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:53 AM

Nogz has a default reputation

i can choose not to fight but you will have to pay a tribute to the person attacking i think thats how it goes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

While I don't know what the endgame will look like, Nogz has the right idea on protection of newer or more casual players from the veteran or hardcore crowds. When one player of equal skill challenges another to a battle, either in open terrain or by attacking their stronghold, the defender can choose to opt out. To do so, however, requires a tribute of resources to the attacker. When a stronger player attempts to attack a weaker player, however, that tribute is reduced--even removed altogether--if the weaker player decides not to engage them. This is a diminishing returns mechanism in place to prevent bullying and harassment of lower level players.

Keep in mind that a weaker player may choose to engage a stronger player also and that winning such a match would yield plenty of resources for him. But clearly this isn't a terribly good strategy on the little guy's part .
Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

I think these are the things that are interest You the most:

Quote from Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How does PvP work if all maps are instanced?
A: The attacking player(s) will set up an army camp outside of an enemy stronghold within that stronghold's instanced map. However, there will still be plenty of room to explore before battle and an environment you can interact with - including healing springs. You will then be able to take your army and attack the enemy stronghold, just as you would in a Skirmish match.

There are also field battles that can be done for a quick-paced and even battle between two or more equally-ranked players. To engage in a field battle, players must send an army to one of the many regions on the map and search for a battle. The game server will then find you another nearby player of your same rank that you can wage war on.

Q: Can you opt out of a fight?
A: Yes, but it costs resources. If you opt out, the attacking player cannot challenge you again for a predetermined amount of time.

Q: Can my stronghold be attacked when I'm offline?
A: No, your stronghold will remain untouched.

Q: What happens if a player leaves or signs out in the middle of a skirmish?
A: It will be counted as a resignation, and that player will be forced to pay tribute to his or her attackers.

Q: What happens once you conquer a NPC or another player's stronghold?
A: The stronghold will revert back to the defender; however, you will be able to loot conquered strongholds for lots of resources.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM

boondock5aint has a default reputation

I recon (but still a guess) that it will be mainly around pvp and the "capital" NPC towns that are substantial and will require a decent team effort to conquer. While kitting out your battalions with all the best kit to make them that bit more lethal.

That would be my educated guess, could be totally wrong though
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Superman0X has a default reputation

I am less concerned about the end game, as how long it takes to get there. Do we have any idea how long it takes to max out?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation

my guess is it will take a while I doubt they are going to let you get to end game that fast or it would kind of ruin the game.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Zwilorg has a default reputation

this game has a pretty good set of rules already on

just want to see if with an huge amount of players it will hold!

i hope it will
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
I think these are the things that are interest You the most:

Quote from Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How does PvP work if all maps are instanced?
A: The attacking player(s) will set up an army camp outside of an enemy stronghold within that stronghold's instanced map. However, there will still be plenty of room to explore before battle and an environment you can interact with - including healing springs. You will then be able to take your army and attack the enemy stronghold, just as you would in a Skirmish match.

There are also field battles that can be done for a quick-paced and even battle between two or more equally-ranked players. To engage in a field battle, players must send an army to one of the many regions on the map and search for a battle. The game server will then find you another nearby player of your same rank that you can wage war on.

Q: Can you opt out of a fight?
A: Yes, but it costs resources. If you opt out, the attacking player cannot challenge you again for a predetermined amount of time.

Q: Can my stronghold be attacked when I'm offline?
A: No, your stronghold will remain untouched.

Q: What happens if a player leaves or signs out in the middle of a skirmish?
A: It will be counted as a resignation, and that player will be forced to pay tribute to his or her attackers.

Q: What happens once you conquer a NPC or another player's stronghold?
A: The stronghold will revert back to the defender; however, you will be able to loot conquered strongholds for lots of resources.
Thank you, this does answer most of my questions. In other words the pvp is the endgame. That is definitely exciting since I play a pve mmo mostly right now. However does this mean that "Influence" and high ranking on the pvp ladders is the endgame?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

theres not really an endgame as the game will be risk style in singleplayer and then multiplayer is never ending...