Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Faction Languages - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Incivility has a default reputation
Default Faction Languages

I think it would be a cool idea to add a language fluency system. All 3 factions shouldn't speak the same language. Maybe some quests that get you familiar with the other factions speech?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Not a bad idea, kinda reminds me of RIFTS like that. I suppose the issue aside from devs having to re-write code would be how it fits into the lore. They seem to be scattered around(all races) and dependent for how long its possible language for most people would be multilingual or there would be a variate version of some common language. I could see more if a race was coming from "over the seas" or something of the such. If these factions have been interacting for hundreds or thousands of years its most likely not possible that they don't know each others languages or don't have some form of common tongue.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I could see using this for character speech in game. I.E. your character responses when you give them orders. However, as it's not an rpg - we wouldn't really need to be using this to converse with one another.. and that kind of reduces its potential usefulness significantly. It would be an interesting little feature, but i'm not sure if it is worth the time invested if they are not already implementing it into the character dialogs.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Hmm orcs , elves and other most known creatures have theyre own language yes but could always speak english in all most known lores, example WoW just want the resitriction of communications between alliance/horde, thats why the orcs and humans couldn't talk but in w3 they could speak english.. HUH !
Its a nice idea tho but I don't think its needed in this game for faction lanuage.