Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

EVE Online - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM

wonderis has a default reputation

It was interesting and hard to lern to play game, but also one of the best i was miner
Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

wiredpenguin has a default reputation

Unfortunately I haven't played in almost a year now due to RL and not having the time to devote to the game properly. I am hoping to start back up again in the next couple of months though as this latest expansion looks pretty good (character creation tool looks awesome). When I played I had a Minmatar ratter and tackler (pvp) and a Gallente miner/trader/salvager. I actually enjoy the intrigue/espionage and such as well as the dangers and loss that come with being a pilot. I've lost my share of ships and it can definitely be frustrating but we all know the rules of EVE right? Say them with me now:

Don't fly what you can't afford to lose...twice.

and

You are NEVER safe (unless docked, and that may not be for much longer).

Anyway, just my 2 isks worth.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 AM

Cosmicron has a default reputation

EvE never gets the praise it deservs , it does so many things that other mmorpgs just cant do due to the limitations they pose
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 AM

lxxferus has a default reputation

it's too complicated this game!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 AM

krgwynne has a default reputation

eve online is a great game aslong as you have a few years to train enough skills up to be any good . once you have the skills though is fun as aslong as you dont mine all the time the mission system is good and pvp since you loose what dies for good is a blast. nothing like pvp with a real loss to get the blood pumping .
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM

shakleford7 has a default reputation

I don't think eve is worth it anymore you can just play black prophecy which is better and free
Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Kharl has a default reputation

I have played eve online for a while now. I have also looked at Black Prophecy. both games are decent games for what you are looking for. if you are wanting fast paced dogfight sim in space, then Eve may not be your best bet. If you are looking for in depth Construction and Trade of goods, with pirating and the threat of loss of goods to pirates and gatecamps, Eve is a good bet. I have a lot of fun in Eve Online gathering resources, building stuff and selling for profit.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 AM

melkor13 has a default reputation

I don't find it wise to compare EvE Online with Black Prophecy. EvE has been around for 8 years now and Black Prophecy is still in Beta! Also, as a 5 year player of EvE Online (inactive & active at times) i can say that nothing can compare to EvE. The heartbeating in fear of loss, the thrilling in pvp, the depth in economic, the mass in manufacturing, the exploration, the mining, the wormholes, the missioning, the ratting, the spying, the leading... and much Much more that EvE can give and many other games can't. I'm not here to judge Black Prophecy, i'm here to show you what EvE can do. It has many enemies due to the depth of gameplay and it's Hardcore PvP, and one too many friends.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Kharl has a default reputation

oh I agree .. Eve Online has been out for quite a while and hopefully Black Prophecy will also be around for a long time. they are both different games, and it is fine to point out the highlights of each as they both have their high and low points. But in the end, you really should play the game that is fun for you to play and not worry about what others feelings towards it are.

I've tried in the past to get friends into Eve Online and it just did not click with them. Same for Black Prophecy. I will personally keep playing both games until one or both quit being fun, then I will drop it.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM

tombug has a default reputation

its a fun game, but with the worst user interface in any game, feels like your just toiling through excel and spreadsheets, combat is just selecting ships off a list and selecting the weapons to fire.