Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

If your only purchasing one and your PC will run it fine, I would purchase the PC version. Mostly because it comes with all the modding tools, the 360 version will have them available for download. Though if your planning to mod, editing a map, then uploading it, then downloading it via xbox live, then testing it is a lot harder than saving the map file and opening DoF to test it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 PM

MOO555 has a default reputation

hmm....what about the amount of units in the game? So far in every console RTS i've noticed the PC version always has more units on the map and better graphics. Will the same be true with this game? If so then i'll prbly buy the PC version.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Both versions will have all the same features, pop limit will be the same.

As far as graphics go, we'll push the 360's capabilities as much as we can, but PC's will always be upgradeable, so theres always a point that future technology will make your game look much better.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

So is it confirmed you can use the modding tools directly on the 360? That seems quite remarkable....Im probably gonna get both so I can edit easily on the PC and show off to my 360 friends...
Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Really? The pop limit will be the same? That's pretty cool. But u say the graphics may be a bit better on PC right? In other words games will be the exact same but the PC version will look slightly better?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex719 View Post
So is it confirmed you can use the modding tools directly on the 360? That seems quite remarkable....Im probably gonna get both so I can edit easily on the PC and show off to my 360 friends...
You cannot edit directly on the 360, you can edit it on your PC, and then download the map onto your 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOO555 View Post
Really? The pop limit will be the same? That's pretty cool. But u say the graphics may be a bit better on PC right? In other words games will be the exact same but the PC version will look slightly better?
It all depends on your PC hardware. If your current PC games look better than the versions on the 360, then yes your PC version will look nicer. If your current games do not, then you would have to upgrade your PC to ensure graphics will be better.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Ok thanks. My current PC can play Crysis on very high saettings so i doubt i'll encounter any problems running this game on max on my PC. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:55 AM

Erandur has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
I use a Mac, and my specs are OFF THE CHARTS!!! Here they are:

2 (yes, 2 of them) 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (8-core)
32GB of RAM (that's all I will ever need...)
4 Hard Drive Bays of 1TB 15,000-rpm SAS each (I run 3 operating systems with an extra TB of memory...)

Now here is one of the best parts...

NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB with Stereo 3D, and two dual-link DVI (literally the BEST graphics card in the world)

This computer only costed me 19,999... But it was worth it, especially since I won't need to upgrade for another 15 years...
*cough* Sorry for wrecking your dream, but no computer lasts for 15 years... No Hardware is able to survive 15 years of usage, without 'dying'. Your processors will be getting dated in 5-6 years, the graphics card in 2 years. Since ATI already has a better one. 1 TiB of memory already exists in portable, and I'm afraid your RAM is DDR2. Even if it was DDR3, it would be slow as hell in 15 years, since ATI already had video cards with GDDR5...

Knowing that Macs are always expensive, you bought a workstation card (which is expensive as hell, while Nvidia's can only be used to professional purposes, and fails at games), I'd say you paid a 5,000 too much.

Buying the newest is never good, you'll always pay double the price for less than double the performance, especially when it's new.

And a final piece of advise, beware of the PSU, if it does last 15 years, your PSU will have lost a 100-200W of power. Because of that your computer will run short of power (and I assume it needs a lot), which is likely to make it burn up.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Mac hardware always lasts long... We still have a Mac OS 9 comp in the basement, and it works perfectly...

Yes, a TB portable memory exists, but that gets overheated extremely quickly, only get about 4 hours on it before you need to shut it down.

Graphics cards get outdated very quickly, so I am not surprised at that, it use to be the best a few weeks ago though. And that is cheap to upgrade.

4 TB of hardrive space will last a while, as long as programs don't get too big.

All in all, I still think that it is a pretty powerful comp, and it will still last a good 15 years (maybe 20 if I take it easy). But I use comps for game design, and I need to have perfect OpenGL graphics.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

if they keep revamping the graphics for this game how is the 360 supposed to be able to handle this game? are they just gonna have bad graphics for the 360 or are they going to leave out content or will the 360 be able to handle it even with the graphic revamps?