Work for a " Dev-Team" - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

pkdavid has a default reputation
Default Work for a "Dev-Team"

Who does not dream of taking part in the production of a video game or a mod, who never wanted to make a map, hud, 3D, program, music, sounds or other ...

If you're one of those people, like me, have more or less work in and would make his own game, tell me about:

_ What kind of games you would like to work ? (RTS;FPS ...)

_ What would you have inside as a team ?

_ If you already work for a game or a mod ? (name; what you've done)

Last edited by pkdavid : 02-06-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

I'm applying for a heap of internships this summer, hope I will get one at blizzard. Ill put my portfolio up at the end of the month and shamelessly ask for opinions.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Well since I'm a level designer (not professionall, yet), I would like to work on games like the Uncharted series. Some RTS games look fun to work on, but look boring to make levels for.

Well obviously I'm an intern on DOF, Rebirth of hellenes (medieval 2 mod) was a character modeller, Revelation (UDK mod) prop modeller, Morticioso (Torque 3d game, school project game) was a character modeller, Directive R (Torque 3d, school project game) level designer.

So yeah I've done quite a few mods (I haven't mentioned them all). Not all were great experience as most mods are disorganized and full of people that dont know what they are doing.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Martin View Post
Well since I'm a level designer (not professionall, yet), I would like to work on games like the Uncharted series. Some RTS games look fun to work on, but look boring to make levels for.

Well obviously I'm an intern on DOF, Rebirth of hellenes (medieval 2 mod) was a character modeller, Revelation (UDK mod) prop modeller, Morticioso (Torque 3d game, school project game) was a character modeller, Directive R (Torque 3d, school project game) level designer.

So yeah I've done quite a few mods (I haven't mentioned them all). Not all were great experience as most mods are disorganized and full of people that dont know what they are doing.
That's my biggest problem, I've hopped on board with several mod's as a character/environment modeler and the projects ends up sizzling, leaving me with little to nothing to show for it. D:
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Squiglypig has a default reputation

Well I don't really have any experience in programming, but I do have experience in voice acting, so they only things I think I'd be able to help with is voices and testing the game itself...
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkor View Post
That's my biggest problem, I've hopped on board with several mod's as a character/environment modeler and the projects ends up sizzling, leaving me with little to nothing to show for it. D:
Yeah I had one or two of those. I had one that I quit because they wouldn't help me find stuff. They put me on unit modelling (this was a medieval 2 tw mod) and there was no unit roster or much pictures (which there was suppose to be). So I ask one of the main guys if I could get some help on the unit roster and finding photo since this was a historically mod (they have people that are suppose to find the photo for us modelers). So the guy links me to a thread that was 15 pages long and you know there is a quite a few post for each page. He expected me to look through it to find what I needed. Again I asked if I could get help which then he told me that the team isn't going to spoon feed me the info. I then got p***ed and kind of told him off then left. Hehe, still bothers me when I think about it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-27-2011, 10:17 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I actually hope to be a part of a video game production at some point in my life.

Right now, I run a small video game store. Its a good dig, and the offer lured me across the country, allowing me to have a good paying job and letting me stay in college while working.

Through this, I've gained a vast amount of management and customer service skills, all while trying to pull together the local gaming community under one banner.

What this has to do with game development is a small side dream of mine. I would like to become the community manager for a game series I enjoy at some point. I have a way with groups of people, being able to attain their focus while explaining and hyping what ideas I am tasked with conveying.

I feel like I would be able to make a great splash if I could represent an IP at game conventions such as PAX or Leipzig. Its a big part of my day to day life already, running my own store. I have to take a wealth of knowledge about every platform as well as its individual titles and market it directly to each individual customer that comes in my door based off of what they like.

In fact, if Reverie is ever looking for someone to organize information and convey it to the community in any shape or form and wants to give me an interview, I'd be more than happy to oblige!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:08 PM

repi has a default reputation

I'm still at university taking my degree in programming but will take alot of years to have the skill and knowledge to participate in a game as programmer, and since here in europe the market goes more toward "little games" like cellphones some console games, i will have to start by that .

I would totaly love to get into a crew to make a mmo or something similar, even if the roll was small
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repi View Post
since here in europe the market goes more toward "little games" like cellphones some console games, i will have to start by that .
It's like that here in the US too. The Indie market is really big now. A lot of small/new companies are starting in smartphone games or simple 2d games for XBL, PSN, and Steam. Nothing wrong with that, getting experience from anything and starting in a small company will lead to getting into a large dev company, but it takes time, persistence (or luck).

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

It's really great hearing all of your interests! We'll probably have some openings after release, so check back this Summer if working with Reverie is something that would interest you.