Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Kotaku Article - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Vulcanisik has a default reputation
Default Kotaku Article

How many people were brought to this website and wanted more information after reading the Kotaku blurb about this game a little while back?

Also, in a general question, do you think getting mentioned on Kotaku helps or hurts most games?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Getting mentioned on Kotaku certainly helps the game - I really liked their article too. Following the 505 announcement, we got mentioned on a bunch of mainstream sites which brought in a lot of traffic.

One thing to note, however, is to take anything read off of a third party site with a grain of salt. For example, Kotaku mentioned an Xbox release later this year - this is not the case. As of right now, we are looking at a PC-exclusive release.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Getting mentioned on Kotaku certainly helps the game - I really liked their article too. Following the 505 announcement, we got mentioned on a bunch of mainstream sites which brought in a lot of traffic.

One thing to note, however, is to take anything read off of a third party site with a grain of salt. For example, Kotaku mentioned an Xbox release later this year - this is not the case. As of right now, we are looking at a PC-exclusive release.
You may want to have your social media manager take a quick look at your Facebook page then -- it mentions once or twice that the game is looking at a PC and Xbox release this year. Not sure if I've seen it mentioned anywhere else, but I know I saw that earlier.

I'm a huge fan of Kotaku personally, and though I didn't find out about DoF through them, I would certainly have jumped on it if I'd seen that post. They've got a really good reputation as showcasing interesting new titles and increasing traffic on their respective websites.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Many thanks, TriggerHappy! Fixed.

Yeah, our former publisher, the now-bankrupt Lighthouse Interactive, wanted an xbox version after the pc version, so you'll see traces of that idea from time to time. But now with 505, DOF will likely be PC-exclusive.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Ichigo has fair reputation

Kotaku is alright, they got a bit too much gawker in them for my taste , but they do have their moments and a large fan base. I was lead here via a Destructoid article.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM

RockPaperShotgun is one of my favorites. It's big but less mainstream than most others. You'll see some really great games there that you may have never heard of otherwise.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

Just wanted to say you were on Internode aswell. ;D btw that is where I found about DoF
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I also found out about this through Kotaku, read the site everyday!

As with the facebook having the stuff about the xbox version that Trigger Happy mentioned, so did the Wikipedia page for the game, but I took the liberty of editing that out of the page. One of these days that I have a free evening I will probably head over there and organize some things collected from the forums here so it has a more accurate compilation of facts.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 PM

furanlost has a default reputation

Kotaku is how I found out about this site and the game. Glad it was mentioned there. I'm going to go check out RockPaperShotgun later, so bookmarking it now.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Yeah, I had to contact them and have them fix that part (hence why it's crossed out now).
A lot of negative comments came from that piece of information. It really sucks when mainstream sites misinform people though. I reckon we aren't the only games to get into such puddle.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.