Player *shared* cities and strongholds - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulicio View Post
And of course u can be upset, because u simply cannot compete with them.
Yeah and then you make your own alliance and grow it and compete with them.
And there will be blood!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
And there will be blood!
Or there will be cake.

There are many obvious things that need to be dealt with, as the game is in beta. However, playtime limitations don't really matter, as someone who is online gets attacked more often, as opposed to someone who logs in an hour a day and manages his resources. Being online more has a bigger risk/reward factor.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulaun View Post
Or there will be cake.

There are many obvious things that need to be dealt with, as the game is in beta. However, playtime limitations don't really matter, as someone who is online gets attacked more often, as opposed to someone who logs in an hour a day and manages his resources. Being online more has a bigger risk/reward factor.
I agree.

I readed some posts about accounts that can be controlled by friends while your offline.
I dont think people need a "sitter" or someone who can control your account.
It would totally make things more imbalanced IMO.
1 account with people rouletting makes it active almost 24/hours.
Would be like travian... :S

I think everyone just should control theyre own account.
And ofcourse if you need aid , help or want to get stronger make friends and join guilds/alliances. Just like every other MMO's.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

My real question about cities and strongholds is when you conquer the city of another player will you control the city and add it to your empire? or you can only control one city and you just raze the players city to the ground. In other words please tell me this game does not turn into a game where you have 29034923940239043 cities and the management is just ridiculous.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
My real question about cities and strongholds is when you conquer the city of another player will you control the city and add it to your empire? or you can only control one city and you just raze the players city to the ground. In other words please tell me this game does not turn into a game where you have 29034923940239043 cities and the management is just ridiculous.
if you attack a NPC city or a player city and you win the battle, you get resources depening on the cities wealth. But probably alot!
After that the city will return back to the owners.

I dont know if the city will be totally ruined and you have to build up from scratch or that you only need to repair...

But yeah i hate the idea of having so many cities.. but that isn't going to happen in this game.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by master0p View Post
if you attack a NPC city or a player city and you win the battle, you get resources depening on the cities wealth. But probably alot!
After that the city will return back to the owners.

I dont know if the city will be totally ruined and you have to build up from scratch or that you only need to repair...

But yeah i hate the idea of having so many cities.. but that isn't going to happen in this game.
Ok, It somewhat does answer my question, and I am definitely with you on having 1 city or few. With this said what penalties will there be for being defeated? and will there be any sort of fame or ranking determined with wins?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM

Vigilus has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Yeah and then you make your own alliance and grow it and compete with them.
And there will be blood!
It depends upon what people define as an alliance, and what perspective developers take on how to balance single player play with multiplayer play.
By alliance I assume you mean the standard mmo join guild/faction/group.

From personal experience, I would say most gamers like to succeed in both single player and multiplayer ventures, so this presents a series of trade offs between the two extremes of favored play.
Developers have to worry about the extremists because IF they find the most successful way of play IN their extreme niche(which is very difficult to playtest), than the herd will follow and soon you will have a broken online game on your hands.
Such things as being able to group in mmos have been experimented successfully with, as it increases the scale (usually) of what the encounter can be, and better justifies the expenditure of developer time and money on a project. WoW focuses more on single player play than many mmos, and hence seperating themselves from the pack by having the sheer financial backing of Vivendi to appeal to solitary gamers.
I feel for dawn of fantasy to succeed developers need to focus more on balancing the game for multiplayer than for single player, the importance of expanding the social interaction options is WHERE THE DEVELOPERS CAN LEAVE THEIR MARK IN THE GAMING WORLD, and still stay in their meager budget.
Also reinforcing positive social interaction in an experimental social system would be a way to attempt to create a positive culture surrounding the game play, which will then be able to further entice new players to the game.

food for thought

Last edited by Vigilus : 01-31-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM

Potato21 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulicio View Post
i'm sry, but this attitude is not right. There will always be players, playing like 10 hours a day all alone aka. hard core gamers, and the others with only a few hours gamplay a day. That nis online gaming. It's not totally fair, but that is it. You cannot limit one player to help another.
Account sharing is another thing, that you cannot control.
But there has to be a lot connection between players, it's a great thing when players work together to achive greater things. That's how things work in the real world and everywhere. For example 5 different players with differenc accs. they form an economical alliance, becaouse one has surplus in wood, the other in something else, etc. later they can make this alliance bigger and bigger, to form a strong kingdom. And of course u can be upset, because u simply cannot compete with them.
I mean that's the key essence of playing online...
Yeah, but really stopping these sorts of alliances would be hindering the potential of the game. There should be safeguards of some sorts to protect new players from a conglomerate of superpowers, but overall, if the game prevents super powers from forming, then there really isnt much of a point to the game being an MMORTS. I want to see huge superpowers form, only to be taken down by the next one!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato21 View Post
Yeah, but really stopping these sorts of alliances would be hindering the potential of the game. There should be safeguards of some sorts to protect new players from a conglomerate of superpowers, but overall, if the game prevents super powers from forming, then there really isnt much of a point to the game being an MMORTS. I want to see huge superpowers form, only to be taken down by the next one!
I agree with potato here. Having too much protection is a bad thing. I do encourage a griefing nature of protection however I would like to see a game where super power can actually dominate a realm or server. If people do not like the super power then they should make another super power to destroy that one. Or maybe even an alliance of different guilds.

In other words it be nice to have a diplomacy of its own in each realm or server.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

wiredpenguin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
I agree with potato here. Having too much protection is a bad thing. I do encourage a griefing nature of protection however I would like to see a game where super power can actually dominate a realm or server. If people do not like the super power then they should make another super power to destroy that one. Or maybe even an alliance of different guilds.

In other words it be nice to have a diplomacy of its own in each realm or server.
I agree with Potato and Draco here. I don't care for much "protection" in my online games (EVE taught me to do without them and she is a harsh mistress but you learn her lessons well or die...a lot). I think there should be some checks and balances but having the ability to form such overwhelming forces can lead to some very epic battles when opposing powers collide.