Player *shared* cities and strongholds - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation
Default Player *shared* cities and strongholds

Is there an ability to control a city or place with another player that you would both share and upgrade as a team/party effort.

Or if not can you give another player rights to run your city while your offline or lend your units to your friend while your offline to help him out?

Another question is maybe in the future would it be an idea to have an instance with 2 allied cities side by side (assuming there are not now) to increase your chances of growing stronger without being pounded back to square one?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

It is a great question to be honest, I am not sure if this is something the devs have thought about or are doing, but I definitly like the idea. At least in your own "alliance" you would be able to do something when your buddy isn't there.

Ofcourse there is one drawback, someone who isn't in an alliance or partnership, but then again being in an alliance should be something of an edge because you are working togather for a common goal. The only downfall here is , how do you control the option for backstabbing? Say your 'buddy' becomes your enemy. The current system (from my understanding) would allow a buddy to backstab you in the alliance without really kicking you badly because say he had control of your def while you where gone.

Always look at the pro's and con's, I still like the idea, just need a counter to the backstab issue and sadly I don't see it. Because in the end, if I can control your units while you are gone and want you out of the game. I can just order those units when attacked to sit in one place, charge your archers and leave your cav in the back etc. Purposly open your gate to your city etc..

Great in concept, but definitly need to look at both sides of the coin on it.

-Guardious

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 PM

furanlost has a default reputation

I'd have to agree with guardious. It is a great concept but execution will be difficult. Though it could be reserved as an option for people that trust one another. Sure that would limit the system down at first to basically friends/guild mates from other games, but as people build friendships in and out of game those numbers would improve.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Putkonen has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongora View Post
Is there an ability to control a city or place with another player that you would both share and upgrade as a team/party effort.

Or if not can you give another player rights to run your city while your offline or lend your units to your friend while your offline to help him out?

Another question is maybe in the future would it be an idea to have an instance with 2 allied cities side by side (assuming there are not now) to increase your chances of growing stronger without being pounded back to square one?
A thread has been already been forged out of this concept, atleast including some parts of it, also a lot of discussion has been gone through about this subject, if interested, you probably should check this out: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2111
Old 01-24-2011, 07:39 PM

VanguardX has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongora View Post
Is there an ability to control a city or place with another player that you would both share and upgrade as a team/party effort...
This is a good question, and has sparked a question of my own.

What mechanism is in place to prevent a team from operating as a singular kingdom 24 hours per day?

Example: 2 people living in the same home (husband/wife), and both operating the same kingdom (sharing it). The wife plays the kingdom for 8 hours per day while the husband is at work, then when he gets home, the husband plays 8 hours. Thus granting this team a total play time of 16 hours per day of active game time.

How is a single player supposed to compete against something like that?

Account sharing could get really way out of hand for a game of this type. This is an MMO game after all, and naturally some people will do exactly this, or even worse, like a team of 5 sharing one account, for a full 24 hour/7 day per week kingdom building scheme.

After considering this, I would suggest some kind of limitation on how much resource, income, and production can be built through active game play. A time limit of some sort that a kingdom can operate as an online kingdom in regards to resource, income, production, and skill gains.

In other words- after a kingdom is played for (X) hours, all resource, income, production, and skill gains revert to an equal amount as if the kingdom were in offline gain mode.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

To be honest this is very common, where one household will share an account or there are some people that will be on this game who do not work for whatever reason. Those people alone will have the upper hand, nothing really can be done about that unless there was some kind of lvl or progress limit for each day.

Another popular thing I have seen with this is many people own more than one good pc in their house, some with 2-3 PC's at one desk area. This could be used to run 2-3 accounts which all could be supporting one another, not sure if this is against the rules as they would own 3 accounts and pay for them.

Something to keep in mind!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

I get it, but no matter what someone could find a loop-hole. I think it will be up to the community to call foul on someone. For instances about the houshold having more then one comp. I know many people who live togather as roomates, maybe they all want to be on the same server on the same side. Makes sense right? So if you where to limit this , you would end up having people not want to get it because they can't join their friends etc etc.. The list goes on.

So in the end, when talking about exploits, I think it will be the community that puts people in their place. Now as far as exploits in the actual game engine IE finding a way to dupe gold or something. That should be monitored by the company and community, both helping each other respectivly.

My thoughts on it anyways,

-Guardious

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 AM

billy341 has a default reputation

im sure there will be guild utilization, its an mmo afterall.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 AM

xarxez has a default reputation

That would be awesome as I could imagine me and a friend cooperating against others..

Think of an orc player and a elf player.. the orcs go 100% offensive and elfs 100`% defensive so when I am offline both are defended but still he can use my army to take over teritory..

And if he would backstab me my army would automatically be sent back or something liek that? or maybe its like if he decideds to backstab me he cant attack me in a amount of time and that gives my units time to defend?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

raulicio has a default reputation

i'm sry, but this attitude is not right. There will always be players, playing like 10 hours a day all alone aka. hard core gamers, and the others with only a few hours gamplay a day. That nis online gaming. It's not totally fair, but that is it. You cannot limit one player to help another.
Account sharing is another thing, that you cannot control.
But there has to be a lot connection between players, it's a great thing when players work together to achive greater things. That's how things work in the real world and everywhere. For example 5 different players with differenc accs. they form an economical alliance, becaouse one has surplus in wood, the other in something else, etc. later they can make this alliance bigger and bigger, to form a strong kingdom. And of course u can be upset, because u simply cannot compete with them.
I mean that's the key essence of playing online...