Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

homeland attacked by npc - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

franticdaz1 has a default reputation
Default homeland attacked by npc

i have seen a lot of info on players attacking your homeland. i think there should be npc's that seige your homeland or atleat raid your mines, farms and setup camps for you to destroy.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:59 PM

jasont21 has fair reputation

you want to be attacked all the time by other things as well as real people??? give urself a chance lol
Old 02-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Ezekiel has a default reputation

Well i can understand his point, he wants to have a lot of action just incase you got through prolonged periods of someone not attacking you. But as Jason has stated, if NPC's were to make sieges as well, it would be to easy for a human player to come at the same time or straight after knowing your army would be stretched.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Crosland has a default reputation

I don't think thats needed really i'm sure you'll have enough to cope with when you get going
Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Wolverine80 has a default reputation

There is also the player versus enviroment mode if you dont want be attacked often or not by human player...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Merku has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticdaz1 View Post
i have seen a lot of info on players attacking your homeland. i think there should be npc's that seige your homeland or atleat raid your mines, farms and setup camps for you to destroy.
Some semblance of NPC raids and what not is likely implemented in-game just because of the strategic value to doing so - but I refer you to one glaring example of this going horribly wrong in an RTS game: Battle for Middle Earth 2. The AI in that game would, for the most part, ignore your armies and just waltz over to your farms/mines/lumber mills, destroy them, and move on to the next one. This made the AI maddeningly frustrating to play against since you knew going into it that enemy armies wouldn't battle you - they'd just raid you like there was no tomorrow.

Maddenning, MADDENNING I tell you!

So to the DoF devs... please... don't let NPC players go overboard with that raiding business. It might work in war - but hey, gaming first here.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

They have mentioned dwarven lands, etc. being explorable and I would assume that there are npc settlements there that we can attack. Aside from that..

I would say that this could be implemented in two ways.:

1. Roving NPC warbands. They could have roving NPC warbands that function kindof like rebel armies in Rome: total war. They generally do not attack your strongholds (because they aren't often strong enough). However, their presence near your stronghold weakens you. It reduces your production. Therefore, you have to leave your stronghold to go kill them. These wouldn't be a constant threat, more of an occasional nuisance to throw some variety into the game.

2. Very rare npc attacks. NPC armies that raid your stronghold very rarely, more of an event than an occasional happening. Perhaps a powerful force that appears and attacks several strongholds before either being destroyed or leaving for another area.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:13 PM

Amoroth has a default reputation
It would be nice idea if, that NPC is only some raiders, that steal some of your materials, and you can easily defeat them. They could not siege you but they could be problematically.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 AM

BloodOfDeath has a default reputation

New hardcore gaming mode, attacked 24/7 even after you log off lol