Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Other Siege Methods - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Warchamp84 has a default reputation
Default Other Siege Methods

Somebody had already posted this idea before but, ill try to explain in detail.

Another type of siege technique that can be used is the digging under the enemy walls either and plant explosives under them to collapse them or tunnel right under them to get into the city. Now of course this type of attack would only be available to infantry due to the tunneling.

For the defensive side there are many methods of counter attacking this sort of attack. Firstly the defender could have upgrades built in his city such as strategically placing a boundary of heavy rocks around the wall in the ground potentially slowing down the digging process of the enemy.

Secondly the defender could have other upgrade such as ditches(MOATS) around the castle walls, stopping the defender from bringing in siege ladders and towers and even stopping the tunneling attack. Making the attack have to use other siege equipment to attack the walls.
I'm not sure that is the MOATS are implemented in the game but it would be a good idea.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 PM

VanguardX has a default reputation

Interesting ideas, and historically accurate. I do not recall seeing moats in any of the screen shots I have seen so far, but I would hope to have them in game soon, if not at release.

Tunneling might be a bit more tricky to implement though, as generally digging tunnels takes a great deal of time. That might create some balance issues, or extend the length of fight times too much which could cause other issues.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Peacebringer01 has a default reputation

I want to see a suicidal orc run up to a wall with a bomb and detonate himself. It'd be a cool breaching tactic
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Froody42 has a default reputation

Yeah, Orcs should follow the Isengard school of siege warfare

Do we know whether reverie has an add-on with a Dwarven faction planned? Because if they have, tunneling would be a great unique siege method for them.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Lukre has a default reputation

Thanks For the imformation
Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Braveman has a default reputation

Defenders should be able to pour boiling oil onto enemys who are using rams to break the gate, the they could shoot flaming arrows and immolate the attackers.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I like your thinking. ^.^ Different means of siege warfare would definitely be a good way to expand the game's variety, and digging is definitely something that is historically accurate. It would take time, but in the interests of not dragging it out, they could speed it up so that it isn't a huge amount of time. Basically, make it slow enough to allow the defender ample time to respond - but not so much that it drastically slows down the entire game.

Something else interesting would be air units - or rather, units that can go over the wall without climbing. I could certainly see dragons (if introduced into the game at some point) having such a means of siege, though it'd be a heck of a stretch to justify it for any other race.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Yeah they said they probably going to have the dwarven and dragon faction released in different expansions.

What i want to see is that the future dwarf faction have an awesome siege machines like black gunpowdered cannon
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I would like to see dwarves with some advanced siege weapons, but i'm not big on cannons and the like. I actually prefer for them to find more interesting and 'less done' methods for advancing them. For instance, a ballista-like projectile battering ram could be cool. Cannons would be alright, but i'd love for too see some odd things that we haven't seen everywhere before.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

A cool feature for a dwarf machine would be a machine that throws 2 simultaniously axes , that is very effective against infantry and medicore against cav