Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Defense when offline - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 04:13 PM

lordsabbath88 has a default reputation
Default Defense when offline

I was just wondering .. If I'm offline, another player can attack me?
If so, how it is managed my defense?
In your opinion how it should work?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 PM

luizeba has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.
Bribe? It'll be a feature of the game, or it'll be done between players? Because a lack of 'bribe system' can create frauds and scams.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:27 PM

lordsabbath88 has a default reputation

wow it's great! I think it's a very good solution, especially for those who do not always want to fight, but prefer a more passive approach to the game.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Karl-Heinz has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.
Well usually in games like this if the AI faught for you they suck really bad. I mean really bad. They usually just stand there and wait for the enemy to come in range of their attack distance. So in that case this feature is really good for the game as you actually have to think tactically in the way you fight another player.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM

luizeba has a default reputation

Attacking AIs sucks. Limit the battles between players and the game will rock.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

boiky has a default reputation

true that for most game the highest ai is still not as good as a online player, so better not allow to fight a offline player
and before that, i do thought that there will be a auto defense system for the offline player - which i mean maybe something like fight with ai
anyway, then i think now, is it posible that two player attack the third player at the same time?
what will happen? and or how it work?
if this wont happen, how doesnt it work to not make it happen?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

As for *bribing* other players to not attack you, there could be a built in game system of a signed peace document for a certain set amount of time. Now either that would be a direct way to stop someone from attacking you if they accept or they could break it, maybe then *flagging them as a terrorist group or something that would result in a punishment of somekind*

Like open player killing in other games, if you randomly go over to some player and drop them for the fun of it, other players can come on over and gank pound you for status, bounty, ect.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM

spikeynit has a default reputation

I like the idear of not been seen while offline would certainly take away the feeling when login on not sure if you been destroyed while sleeping, the bride system sounds good maybe like bartering system one player pays another not to attack him the attacking player chooses the price?