Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Big guys vs. Small - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2011, 07:00 AM
magicalbull magicalbull is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
magicalbull has a default reputation
Default Big guys vs. Small

What will happen in the online mode to prevent the people who have overwelming armies from constantly attacking the really small people as often as possible so they can't build up at all?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Th3 Mastodon Th3 Mastodon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Th3 Mastodon has a default reputation
Default

This is an issue that is quite big in many Mmorts games. I am realy interrted in what they are going to do to prevent being attacked by a big army when just starting out
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM
TriggerHappyNDB TriggerHappyNDB is offline
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 58
TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation
Default

I can't say I'm any kind of authority on the subject, but my understanding is that players aren't allowed to engage other players unless they are equal to or greater than them in strength. Essentially, this means you aren't allowed to attack weaker opponents unless they are the ones to challenge you. You personally can only attack matching or stronger armies, the latter of which you would supposedly beat with superior tactics.

The auto-match system will only match willing PvP participants with armies of equal skill.

Also, you may opt out of any match by paying a one-time resource tribute to your attacker. Your forces cannot be attacked while you are offline, but logging off after a challenge has been issued (to avoid it altogether, say) will simply result in you automatically paying the tribute to your attacker.
__________________
TriggerHappyNDB :: "O happy bullet! This is thy chambre... There combust, and let me die."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Dalkor Dalkor is offline
Orc Sect:
Impaler
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Idaho
Posts: 47
Dalkor has a default reputation
Default

If that is true Trigger, Do you know if there will be any lead way for people who have bad connection's? I know I don't. But a 2-3min timer for the occasional disconnect until the person pays the tribute. Has this been addressed before?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
TriggerHappyNDB TriggerHappyNDB is offline
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 58
TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkor View Post
If that is true Trigger, Do you know if there will be any lead way for people who have bad connection's? I know I don't. But a 2-3min timer for the occasional disconnect until the person pays the tribute. Has this been addressed before?
I've been curious about the answer to that myself, actually. I've seen it handled different ways in different games, and it will basically come down to the preference of the designers based on tester feedback. I can't say I know how it is currently.

One way or the other, whether disconnecting leads to an instant resignation or a timed one, everyone will be governed by the same rule, meaning no one truly gains an advantage from it al else being equal. Personally, I'd hope for a timer on it that can continue to count down even when you're logged off. That would give you a chance to get back to it if you got DC'd but ultimately no way to stall the decision indefinitely.
__________________
TriggerHappyNDB :: "O happy bullet! This is thy chambre... There combust, and let me die."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Barca Barca is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
Barca has a default reputation
Default

Hi I'm Very new. So basically the game will be designed so that Larger nations don't have the ability to crush weaker people. Its all going o be based on a PvP match system? How will the PVP match system work will be based on the relative proximity of the opponent to your territory? Or am i not understanding this at all?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Dalkor Dalkor is offline
Orc Sect:
Impaler
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Idaho
Posts: 47
Dalkor has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB View Post
I've been curious about the answer to that myself, actually. I've seen it handled different ways in different games, and it will basically come down to the preference of the designers based on tester feedback. I can't say I know how it is currently.

One way or the other, whether disconnecting leads to an instant resignation or a timed one, everyone will be governed by the same rule, meaning no one truly gains an advantage from it al else being equal. Personally, I'd hope for a timer on it that can continue to count down even when you're logged off. That would give you a chance to get back to it if you got DC'd but ultimately no way to stall the decision indefinitely.
Well that would definitely be ideal. I was originally thinking of a 2 minute delay each time you get DC'd that doesn't decrease with time, but I though of how people would grief their opponent's into submission right after I posted that. A timer would be the best way to go about it if that is how they decide to do that. Everyone get's DC'd, what differs is how often it happens. And even if I were losing a battle and my opponent DC'd causing in a default win for me, I would feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca View Post
Hi I'm Very new. So basically the game will be designed so that Larger nations don't have the ability to crush weaker people. Its all going o be based on a PvP match system? How will the PVP match system work will be based on the relative proximity of the opponent to your territory? Or am i not understanding this at all?
It seems you are correct in your first point, the powerful will be barred from picking on the weak, but the weak can pick on the powerful. As for the rest of what you said, I don't know much, but it does sound like you are on the right mind track.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Verrenth Verrenth is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
Verrenth has a default reputation
Default

I really hope there are safeguards to prevent newbie farming it would kill the game if when you first get up and going so jag-off swoops in and ruins you in a matter of minutes
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
luizeba luizeba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 33
luizeba has a default reputation
Default

It'll be good a system like SC2, where you can, in theory, play against any enemy. But if you lost a battle to a stronger player, you lost almost no "points". But if you win against a stronger player, you wina lot of 'points'. You guys get my idea.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
rebelglitch rebelglitch is offline
Elven Sect:
Enchanter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
rebelglitch has a default reputation
Default

This is one of those issues that plague devs, how to balance the game play with out kill off the fun and allowing newbies the much needed safety. I cant wait to see how they decided to handle it in this game. Hopefully it will be a mix of fighting within a a range of levels and a small safe time to start the game.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.