Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Beta Tester Requirements? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

It is in our best interest as the *players* to help in anyway we can to find any issues or suggestions for the game now before it comes out. I am sure we all are deeply interested and are dieing to see this live, but like all other games that come out its best to have it as ready as it can be for an amazing first impression. Thats why so many players are needed to test so they can get all kinds of feedback on a decent scale to see what works, what we like and what would be cool in our opinion that devs may not thought of.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

I really do like the idea of trying to actually break the game while playing it as that would be the easiest way to find flaws in the game. Im guessing such things like spamming units or buildings etc would be a good way to find a lot of bad things. I suppose you could also try to make the camera zooom into the ground or something as well.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

rebelglitch has a default reputation

when I play test I all was try to do the thing you shouldn't be able to do. like trying to buy with out money, assign armor to the wrong unit, basically do everything you know that should work, then look at the text, the graphics, and remember to always look for glitches even during the biggest battle you've ever been in.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelglitch View Post
when I play test I all was try to do the thing you shouldn't be able to do. like trying to buy with out money, assign armor to the wrong unit, basically do everything you know that should work, then look at the text, the graphics, and remember to always look for glitches even during the biggest battle you've ever been in.
That makes more sense to me since your talking in an RTS style instead of generalising it. Thankyou for your insight.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM

Desthin has a default reputation

I greatly enjoy trying to pick apart games in the sense of breaking them, kinda gives me a sense of accomplishment(kinda weird) when i can utterly break a game. Then i move on to the next thing and try and break that, for me the hardest "breaks" to try and find are something like balance troubles, where something if done a certain way is obviously more powerful than any other way of doing it, i always sucked at them types.

It is definitely a great help to break a game, as long as you come forward and mention it so it can be fixed, using the break to your advantage only is kinda boring in some sense, since your obviously relying on something not correct to leverage yourself above others.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

I myself have done many beta reports on games of my opinion, noted bugs, future developing problems that may surface and any personal thought on what may need improvment. I would love to write one for DOF aswell, this game here has amazing promise and I already believe it will be a top rank hit!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Vulcanisik has a default reputation

You really want a huge bank of computers using different video cards, motherboards, memory etc because it helps for bug testing. You would be surprised how many games have been completely incombatible with Realtek sound devices because developers are only testing their games on high end systems. Beta testers help to fill in the blanks of a wide frame of hardware.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Shadowhand has a default reputation

In this case :-
copy and pasted from http://dof.reverieworld.com/beta.php

You must meet the following criteria to be considered for testing at this time:

1)

Testers must have a computer that meets the following minimum requirements:

Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7®
2.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® IV or AMD® processor
1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista)
4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
2 GB of free Harddisk space
nVIDIA® GeForce 7900 512MB memory or equivalent
DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card

Note: these are not the mimumum requirements of the final game, but what you would need to play this wave of the closed beta.

Information on determining your system specs can be found here.

2)

You must have ten contributive posts in our forums. You can check your post count by going to your profile by clicking on your username in the forum index. If you're low on posts, try looking through past media and discussions and respond to whatever interests you.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhand View Post
You must have ten contributive posts in our forums. You can check your post count by going to your profile by clicking on your username in the forum index. If you're low on posts, try looking through past media and discussions and respond to whatever interests you.
Keep in mind that we're on the verge of Closed Beta 5, for which that requirement is no longer in effect. According to LiTos in the top sticky in this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
UPDATE: This does NOT apply to all you new members. This was for the email sent out to old registered lurkers during the beginning of Closed Beta 4. If you are new from the 505 announcement, you can still (and should if possible) follow the tips in this thread to post nice posts, but you don't have to do this to get in the beta. Don't take this as a "spam away" notice though, because spam will still not be tolerated.
The mentioned "505 announcement" happened on or around January 17th, so you can rest assured that if you are new to the forums since at least then, you're exempt from the 10 post requirement. Just wanted to shed some light on that, as it seems plenty have no idea. And of course, by plenty I mean those people making tiny little posts to bump their count to 10 haha. I imagine those are a little irksome to the forum mods.

Last edited by TriggerHappyNDB : 01-25-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Quotation issues...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah some clever folks like to post 10 of the same posts in different threads. Attitude like that won't get them in beta, it's pretty disrespectful, but also annoying.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.