Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Guild vs Guild - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Ohnoto has a default reputation

From the wiki, it states

Quote:
Players can also temporarily align themselves with other players to take on the mightiest of Strongholds or advance in their questing. For a more permanent alliance, players can establish Guilds and engage in large-scale Guild vs. Guild battles.
I haven't been around for a few days, didn't realize this posting would start up so much discussion.

As I stated before, I would like to hope we won't have 2v1 battles, as that is obviously unfair. I was looking more for confirmation on the subject.

I am more curious though about the guild vs. guild battles. Is this like a war game where you create a battlefield map and do a fast paced typical RTS type battle?

Or what I think would be really nice is if guilds could have their own guild city that members could donate funds into, where as it the guild city got bigger, members would get special bonuses or extra units when attacking or defending.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

2v1 may be possible for the sake of realism but we'll do our best to make sure these cases are balanced.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

TRANG-Supreme has fair reputation

I am hoping you can form alliances with other players to make kingdoms...

Thats just me though.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:03 PM

modernatomic has a default reputation

I haven't really seen any information on the diplomacy options available or planned. Will there be ways to set up automatic tribute to avoid attack from specific players, or cease-fire terms that last x days? Resource sharing, map sharing, joint war declaration options?

Guilds could use these options to form, even if a traditional guild environment isn't supported. Also, if these choices are available with NPCs, it'd be great to have as many of the same options available to conduct diplomatic treaties between actual players in the online game mode as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:51 AM

hawkravengold has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANG-Supreme View Post
I am hoping you can form alliances with other players to make kingdoms...
This is really something that I think the devs should consider greatly. The main reason that I've even become interested in this game (other than the fact that it's an excellent concept) is because I play several other MMOs and my RL friends that play with me have referred me to this one. I have hopes that we could band together to build our own empire. I just think it would be a positive addition to the game.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 PM

MoLiva has a default reputation

I hope guilds or alliances play a large role in this game and have more functionality than just a group of allies that you can chat with and call on for help every once and a while.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Guild v Guild battles - if orchestrated correctly - could be very compelling. On a related note, 2v1 and similar battles could be a great deal of fun if correctly implemented. Of course, balancing these so that people don't get overrun is the true problem. I wonder at what methods you can use to balance those battles.

Limiting the number of participating troops from each army would work. While it'd prove unfair/unrealistic for the side with two armies - that group would then still have twice as many troops left in order to attack again. I'm just spitballing ideas, ofcourse.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Hey guys...

I am not totally against the concept with 3vs1 or even 4vs1.
Maybe alot of people will disagree... but i like a game where some certain of realism is attached on. Its kinda dull to have only 1 vs 1 battles or 2 vs 1 that is balanced that the advantage is minimum.
Back in the days when a castle is under siege. Ofcourse the attackers won't say:
"Hey lets make it fair lets balance this battle..."
They bring all the men they could.

Ofcourse its not fair to do a 10vs1 but It should be possible to do a 4vs1 IMO when attacking a castle.
Allies ofcourse come to the rescue .. even if your not in a guild and you have just friends they will come to the rescue.

And also i agree with forming guilds/alliances/kingdoms w/e you may name it.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 AM

Badguy82 has a default reputation

I am anxious to see how the guild feature works out. Maybe I will start my own guild. =)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 AM

Rounlin has a default reputation

should be interesting to see how this feature plays out. On paper it sounds cool.