Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Guild vs Guild - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 AM

lordsabbath88 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyNDB View Post
My main question about the nature of guild vs. guild combat is of exactly how large scale the battles themselves can be. Guilds, presumably, can have dozens of members, but surely no one battlefield can harbor that many people with all of their army camps, units, and so forth.

So exactly how many players can battle one another at a time? Are we talking 4v4, 5v5, even 6v6 matches? And can these matches happen at one of the involved players' settlements, with 6 enemies attacking him/her and he and 5 allies defending the city, or must they happen on open terrain?
i think it depends by the position where your armies are. If my army is too far from yours, i believe that's impossible to help your soldiers.
Well, i hope it is so.. otherwise it would be too good to belong a guild!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Hans has a default reputation

will there be 2v2 3v3 game types ?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Shinigami has a default reputation

what about 3v3v3 Have multiple guilds warring not just 2 or another guild attacking after both are weakened?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM

Bamboocha has a default reputation

about the part where we share villages/castles/cities, each player could have a "special key" to their city, and they have to give it to someone to share the city/whatsoever/village with the player
Old 01-24-2011, 03:29 PM

Peacebringer01 has a default reputation

I'd be cool to see guilds fight over specific areas for control. Give those areas a bonus if you control them, but have them be hotly contested. Definitely have a limit to 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or whatever to keep it from being the one guild of 500 people dominating everything.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Gamerfett has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoto View Post
I'm part of a large gaming community and I've got a few questions on how the Guild features will be.

As part of a guild, will there be a guild city, separate from player cities that guild members can send resources and units to build and defend? If not, this would be a cool feature :-)

When attacking someone, will you be able to have guild members bring their armies as well and attack the same person together?

I'm just hoping that being a part of a guild in this game is more than just a tag, but can actually be something that is built up and has some meaning :-)

Thanks.
I hope not as this would force most people to join guilds. I could see guilds using this to bully new players, or strong players that might want to do things alone.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:19 PM

lordsabbath88 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerfett View Post
I hope not as this would force most people to join guilds. I could see guilds using this to bully new players, or strong players that might want to do things alone.
exactly the point! The game have to legitimate a player who doesn't want to join a guild! we know that guilds are over-powered compared to single-players because members of a guild could trade much better, and i believe that a good economy will be the basis of our future cities
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Refleax has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsabbath88 View Post
exactly the point! The game have to legitimate a player who doesn't want to join a guild! we know that guilds are over-powered compared to single-players because members of a guild could trade much better, and i believe that a good economy will be the basis of our future cities
Guilds do promote more team play but I can't see why anyone would be against a guild system. I haven't really tried the game yet tough so I may change my opinion after doing so.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 AM

padawan1988 has a default reputation

As always a guild has advantages and disadvantages ... but often beneficial
Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM

mindleach has a default reputation

Personally, I have played games like this game that have the same concept, build your town, make an army, do quest, and so on and so forth. I am personally against having an in-game guild /alliance. The reasons are for me that guilds / alliances have or usually end up bullying those single player cities. I'm more in favor of having my city stand alone to make a name for itself then being in a well known guild / alliance.