Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Guild vs Guild - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Ohnoto has a default reputation
Default Guild vs Guild

I'm part of a large gaming community and I've got a few questions on how the Guild features will be.

As part of a guild, will there be a guild city, separate from player cities that guild members can send resources and units to build and defend? If not, this would be a cool feature :-)

When attacking someone, will you be able to have guild members bring their armies as well and attack the same person together?

I'm just hoping that being a part of a guild in this game is more than just a tag, but can actually be something that is built up and has some meaning :-)

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM

bravekilla has a default reputation

Wouldn't guild overkill this ? Basically, you are already a nation not a single unit trying to form a army. Might be good to do small alliances... but having overwhelming nations allying other nations who are just picking on small ones while just allying the big ones would kinda kill it, no ?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Ohnoto has a default reputation

I'm not saying it wouldn't. I agree that it would, I am just wanting to see if that is possible or not.

I certainly wouldn't be happy to get attacked by a group of members from a guild, but if it were to be allowed and happen, my guild would team up against them.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

They could add barrier's, Like Alliances/Guilds of this size cannot attack Alliances/Guilds of that size, which don't necessarily have to be based on numbers of troop's, but could be based on economy of the region and what not.

But seeing the huge battles that would take place because of this would be amazing!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Its a huge world and each city state is still controlled by only one person. This being RTS you could really say that your whole army is the equivalent of one character in a 3rd person game. While there hadn't been much details about guilds yet, I reckon there will be a system in place and DoFSource will also have external support for it.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:18 AM

Arachnid has a default reputation

I'd definitely like there to be a reason, beyond someone to talk to while playing, to join an alliance, etc. If there are no tangible benefits, I'd be hard pressed to join one for any reason other than that my alliance "might" decide to help retaliate against someone who attacked me...if they feel like it.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

pkdavid has a default reputation

I agree, there should be a covenant brings a lot of things, otherwise I see no advantage to be inside.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM

lordsabbath88 has a default reputation

I would prefer the solution one city - one player. Because we're a sort of "king" of our cities, and i suppose that guilds may form a sort of alliance, so when a member of that guild is attacked, another member of that guild could run to help defending, or such things..
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 AM

darkviju has a default reputation

The advantages of belonging to a guild are as in the real life I suppose. They won't attack you, and if you get attacked, they maybe help you.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

TriggerHappyNDB is just above average reputation

My main question about the nature of guild vs. guild combat is of exactly how large scale the battles themselves can be. Guilds, presumably, can have dozens of members, but surely no one battlefield can harbor that many people with all of their army camps, units, and so forth.

So exactly how many players can battle one another at a time? Are we talking 4v4, 5v5, even 6v6 matches? And can these matches happen at one of the involved players' settlements, with 6 enemies attacking him/her and he and 5 allies defending the city, or must they happen on open terrain?