Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Purchasing Diffrential advantage? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 07:16 AM

DeliCious has a default reputation

In WoW you can't buy items or anything that furthers your character its cosmetics and mounts.

i hope you are all right and iam making itl larger then it is, still if WoW sold Experience points or gold it would face alot of criticsm for good reason. and i dont see how selling influence points and or quests that make you stronger is any better this is not a F2P game and should not be opereated as such.

And having a forum with only fans is a dangerous thing just look at Starcraft 2 and their "Trends" Adding facebook to Starcraft 2 was an epic fail yet scraping the channels were considered the future and was praised before it came out. Perhaps if the Forum reacted stronger pre release it could be avoided.

To be honest tho i cant realy say anything untill i plalyed it and even if i get an beta key i still wont be able to say anything ^^ for a while.

"Fans are your worst enemiy and Critics your best friend".
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Th3 Mastodon has a default reputation

The points can be a good thing as long as its no giving a player so much that it becomes unfair to the player who cant afford these points.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:21 AM

DeliCious has a default reputation

But what if your Playing this very competive and someone else is to the only diffrence is that he buys as many Influence points and everything he can.

it can never be fair, and it leads to frustration where you feel that i cant play this game anymore unless i start paying large sums of money to get even with the rest. and Trust me it happends everywhere where this system is in place. i just find it odd that nobody brought up the subject. Blizzard said when they were talking about gold farmers that it ruins the quaility of the game to be able to buy say gold.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 AM

JurassicPork has a default reputation

Its very difficult to strike a balance between F2P and monthly fees. I prefer the F2P for the same reason as Ichigo. Its a pay as you play and I don't feel guilty about not playing in a busy month as I won't be wasting $15 or whatever. With an F2P there has to be some revenue from the game for it to be properly sustainable. I agree that it isn't fair when you invest time and someone invests a day and load of cash to jump past you but life's not fair . There has to be an incentive to buy content to provide the revenue but that content should be free if someone puts the time in. How long it takes is the kicker but it has to be long enough to make a player seriously consider paying instead. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

As DoF will be a full game with a one time purchase I am not too bothered about the DLC afterwards. Most games offer microtransactions/DLC and I haven't seen anything said yet that leads me to believe I will have invest further money just to be able to compete.

We don't yet know what influence points you will be able to buy and how much that will "influence" your advantage over others.

Last edited by JurassicPork : 01-25-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM

ElegantPete has a default reputation
Default Side thought

I don't have a major objection to micro payments for a boost, or even for new content, DLC or otherwise.

What I do have a problem with is the constant, in your face offerings to purchase this content. In particular, LOTR really gets at you all the time, with the trick buttons and trap questions and you end up with that damn store window open again.

If you're going to implement this kind of thing, please keep it out of the game, and restrict it to the splash screen, or ingame menu or better yet, browser and account website.

Continuity is really important to me, new content needs to be seamless.

Saying that, following the LOTR model of offering subscriptions or micro payments is probably the best place to be.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 AM

emotionalone has a default reputation

i rather have the game provide you with cosmetic or otherwise non-detrimental for game experience when it comes cash shop items
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Stop comparing it to WoW. This isn't WoW. Seriously.
Delicious, just stop. You know you're wrong about your prediction of DoF becoming a money hungry game. Me, everyone else, and even the developers already told you it won't be like that. Trust me, you won't see that in this game. And it isn't F2P, for the last time, you pay once. You don't pay after that, but that still doesn't mean it can be labeled as F2P because it's not.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM

darkviju has a default reputation

I hope there will be enought with the base game, or even with DLCs adding interesting things such as new areas, quests, etc.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

TheHoboGod is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Couldn't have really said it better myself.

But to add to it, it also includes more downloadable content such as special quests or even entire expansion packs or campaigns, maybe some co-op humans vs AI campaign that we will create after the game is released, keep a steady flow of new content that everone can purcahse with Wealth, not real money (so everyone can unlock the content but it takes a massive amount of time to gain that much wealth or just buy it with real money instantly).
Well, if you're going to implement buying expansion packs with in-game money, is it all going to be one currency so that people who have been long time players receive good amounts of in-game money just by playing and are able to further expand their game? Because I was mad when I couldn't go farther than level 18 in LOTRO without paying for the next area.

Last edited by TheHoboGod : 01-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

As I understand it, you can go as far as you like with Influence, there is no limit, it is just that it takes longer to get influence in -game than it does [obviously] if one buys it with real money.