Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dawn of Fantasy Soundtrack (I want it!) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 PM

Arachnid has a default reputation
Default Dawn of Fantasy Soundtrack (I want it!)

Reverie World Studios Devs:

I've been looking forward to this game for a while, and is on my "to buy" list for 2011, but one thing I was really hoping would be included with the game is the soundtrack. I really enjoyed listening to the trailer music (about 20 times in the past day, and counting), and can tell just from that, that the soundtrack for the game will be incredible. I'm highly anticipating adding it to my game OST collection, and would like to hear how, or more importantly, if it will be provided.

I'd prefer a lossless format in addition to mp3, but I'm not expecting to have my cake and eat it too. If it won't be provided free of charge by the artist, or provided with the game, then will there be a method to purchase it via some digital method? I don't care for cd's, but that's just my personal preference.

Thank you, and great work so far with both the game and the music! I can't wait to see and hear more content as the release nears!

Friendly household spider
-Arachnid
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

The audio has come a long way since the trailers; so if you like it back then, you'll love it now! Joel Steudler, our composer is really amazing. You can hear some of his DOF tracks on our Facebook page (the link is in my sig).

The game will likely ship with all of its audio as .ogg files, a high-quality audio format.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM

Thank you for the swift reply!

That's great to hear (I need to work on my puns...sorry)!

On a side note, forgive me for being a tad lazy, but will DOF be able to be purchased through some digital distribution method, whether in-house or through Steam, Impulse, etc.? As much as I like having a physical manual, I hate the sound of my dvd drive spinning, among other things.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

You should look up our composer - Joel Steudler. I believe he features more Dawn of Fantasy tracks on his website. And the album will definetly be available to download after the game is released. And thanks for the warm comments - I will forward them to Joel

And with regard to your questions - yeah we do intend for the game to be available for both online and retail in store.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

aftershockzap has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
And with regard to your questions - yeah we do intend for the game to be available for both online and retail in store.
I was coming here to ask this question, thankfully I read this thread first. Is there more info on where online it will be available?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 AM

Rycon has a default reputation

In-game music sometimes tends to be tedious if not done well.But from the video it sounds very good and fits in well with the game.

Keep it up composers
Old 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I think you'll like the music in the game, I doubt you'll find it tedious.
The composer is good also, so I think we've got that covered.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Falgorn has a default reputation

I listened tracks on Facebook, its realy epic. I hope there will be more celtic music in game
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

ooooo, you said .ogg's does that mean when I buy this game It will be easy to grab em and throw them on my music player of choice? (After encoding them of course.)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 PM

That's what it sounds like. There are a few good codec packs as well for playing .ogg formats, but worst case there are also converters for .ogg to mp3. Though it would be nice for both formats to be provided with the game so that we don't need to spend extra time hunting down 3rd party programs. But either way, at least they're providing us with the soundtrack in an easy to play format, unlike many other games which have the music encrypted and selling it on the side or requiring you to preorder or buy a collectors edition when all you care about is the game and music, not all the other "extras" like maps, figurines, etc.