Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Also New - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 PM

Prootzel has a default reputation
Default Also New

I am going to follow Ichigo's lead as I like the way it was done!

"Tet us know a little about why you are interested in Dawn of Fantasy"

I have played a bunch of RTS games in the past (starcraft, shogun, red alert, more recently starcraft 2 and a few others) and have always enjoyed the genre. I have also always been a fan of economy management related games, like SimCity or Dawn of Discovery, and it sounds like this game may have a lot of that going on as well. The main downfall of most RTS' in my mind is that they don't have persistence, I always have to rebuild my base, start over as if nothing happened in the match before, etc. Sounds like Dawn of Fantasy may fill a lot of those voids and also be a pleasant, new gaming experience.

"what you would like to see."

Like I said, I like Sim type games, so I hope that the economy/city management is robust enough to be enjoyable rather than tedious, as well as army building/leveling. I'm the kind of player who I think would like to be building up my armies and have few, large battles with long spaces of time between them, rather than constant attacks from my enemies.

I fear that perhaps balancing and whatnot may be a little messy, allowing for cheap tactics and pestering/trolling by other players. Hopefully, the systems in place prevent these kinds of things.

Also worry about the balancing of higher level players (or the equivelant, players who have played for a while) vs. new players and the potential for those who haven't gotten in early being shut out from certain content. I never played the game before, but I heard Lineage II was like that, where the higher level players would grief the lower level ones making it near impossible for new people to get into the game.

So, I am highly intrigued by the concept and I hope my fears are misguided/wrong and I can't wait to give this game a go. If there is one thing I love, it is innovation in gaming, and this sounds like pretty new territory to me.

-Prootzel
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Hello Prootzel,

Welcome to the forums. For the higher lvl vs new players, there is a system to prevent that, but I don't remember what it is offhand.

I too love sim type games and I find the economy and city managing quite pleasing. You will spend a lot of time managing your city. Whats nice is each race has their own style of economy and city building/managing to play with.

If you haven't already check out the Fantasy Fridays as well as the previous ones Here and the FAQ thread. Also don't forget to sign up for the beta, the link is at the top right of the website.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima