Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Multiplayer. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 AM

ShotGlockMF has a default reputation
Default Multiplayer.

Hi everyone, FNG here, and I have a question.

I've been looking around the net and forums and I've seen people saying that each player will have their own instances. If this is so, how will it be for PvP? Will people have to consent to be sieged/pillaged, is there a rating system like ELO?

The trailers and screenshots are looking pretty impressive so far, and it'd be a shame if it wasn't actually an MMORTS in the sense that it's open world-ish... not sure what word I'm looking for, but yeah, any info would be appreciated.

Regards,
ShotGlockMF.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM

nailsnchains has a default reputation

Hi,

Just discovered this game a few weeks ago so don't know so much about it yet but there's a partial reply from the FAQ section of the forum, here's a quote

"Q: How does PvP work if all maps are instanced?
A: The attacking player(s) will set up an army camp outside of an enemy stronghold within that stronghold's instanced map. However, there will still be plenty of room to explore before battle and an environment you can interact with - including healing springs. You will then be able to take your army and attack the enemy stronghold, just as you would in a Skirmish match."

"Q: What happens if a player leaves or signs out in the middle of a skirmish?
A: It will be counted as a resignation, and that player will be forced to pay tribute to his or her attackers."

Don't know if there will be consent though
Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Hans has a default reputation

I would prefer if the 2 (or more, 1v1 2v2 3v3 maybe) Strongholds are on the same map (who is large ) where we gather recources etc... but im open for New thinks too
Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 PM

omardigs has a default reputation

Something that I would love to see is the ability to launch surprise attacks. It would be pretty hard to launch a surprise attack with 10000 troops moving from the other side of the map but I would hope there would be some way that your attack would not been known until the other players scouts or towers or allies caught wind of the attack. For me the idea of always being ready for battle sounds awesome. Keep the game fresh and puts some strategy in where you place troops.

Like Hans I like the idea of also having more strongholds on the same map. It would lead to epic battles.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 AM

Ah, I see. I have no idea why I didn't see that when I flicked through the F.A.Q, thanks for posting it.

So is there going to be a campaign map like Total War series where you move your armies, or just an interface of some sort to send them to coordinates? I tried looking through the FAQ but I can't seem to get the keyword here to come up.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:48 AM

valodimer has a default reputation

hope multilplayer will offer something more than 8 players max... it wont be massive then..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valodimer View Post
hope multilplayer will offer something more than 8 players max... it wont be massive then..
I'm hoping it will be something like Tribal Wars (google it) with everyone having a city and armies and such. I just hope there is a world map and you can attack more or less anyone.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 AM

krichard has a default reputation

So will armies be able to face off on a battlefield and such,like say you get wind that an enemy is coming and you can go intercept them at a strategic point and maybe catch them off guard or is it all seige/defend castles etc?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 AM

GeneralGonzo has a default reputation

will there be the possibility to play over LAN with up to three friends ?

I would love to get a good RTS game which still supports LAN as many other companies deny the lan mode recently.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

ShotGlock, There is a world map you can move around through, think Mount & Blade. You'll also be able to view the regions you move through in RTS view.

GeneralGonzo, I believe there might be LAN for the multiplayer skirmishes, but not for the MMO mode of course.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.